Novelis is the world leader in aluminum rolling, producing an estimated 19 percent of the world's flat-rolled aluminum products. We are the No. 1 rolled products producer in Europe and South America, and the No. 2 producer in both North America and Asia.
Novelis is also the world leader in the recycling of used aluminum beverage cans. Annually, we recycle around 40 billion used beverage cans -- enough to circle the earth more than 100 times.
Novelis is globally positioned, operating in 11 countries with approximately 11,600 employees. The company reported revenue of $10.6 billion in its 2011 fiscal year.
Novelis North America is looking for a Supply Chain Director to join the Regional Senior Leadership team. The Supply Chain Director is responsible for the overall operation of the regional supply chain organization by establishing short-term and long-term goals, defining operational strategies, and establishing and maintaining policies and procedures such as employee training and organizational development, recycling strategy execution and overseeing operations within the areas of metal management, demand management and operations management. Responsible for tracking the business and operating performance of the supply chain. Sets strategic KPIs and metrics to measure and evaluate supply chain operations. This position is the point of contact for strategic supply chain decisions and reports to the Regional President for North America.
The position will be responsible for managing the following areas:
- Generate and oversee the five- year planning process, annual planning, and S&OP consensus process; Review and approve alternate scenario plans
- Generate primary operational strategic plans and identify production / sales targets; Create operating metrics and KPIs
- Maintain Inventory policies
- Manage Recycle strategy execution
- Lead customer service strategy and delivery metrics
- Manage reporting and supply chain KPIs
- Maintain organization policies and procedures, hiring standards, training criteria, and performance evaluation
- Participate with Regional management team
- Reduce complexity and standardizing process
- Lead supply chain improvement process and capacity optimization
- Develop a culture that is positive and promotes engagement while maintaining an appropriate balance with respect to accountability
- Drive supply chain excellence and efficiency by eliminating waste and non-value added work across supply chain network from purchasing through distribution
The successful candidate must be an experienced Director of Supply Chain Operations to lead Operations team. Candidates for this position must have a Master's degree along with extensive experience in order to be considered. In addition, the successful candidate must have an in depth knowledge of the aluminum industry including cost and revenue drivers or a combination of supply chain and operational excellence with experience in supply chain management and internal operations.
Other requirements for the Director of Supply Chain Operations include:
Six Sigma Certification (Green or Black Belt level, preferred)
Strong manufacturing experience
Ability to effectively present information to top management and team
Proven track record of successful leadership during change
SAP experience required, SAP implementation experience preferred
US-Georgia-3560 Lenox Rd Suite 2000 Atlanta, Georgia 30326
Novelis - 12 months ago