The position reports directly to the company President and will direct all supply chain activities at Triumph Nashville. The director will develop and grow strategic partnerships and negotiate long-term agreements with domestic and international suppliers. Provide leadership to the organization in interpreting market and economic conditions and determining potential impact to the availability and cost of goods and services. Lead a procurement team that develops innovative solutions to supply chain problems. Develop and monitor performance metrics for the organization’s supply chain.
• Develop and implement supply chain strategies and tactics that leverage corporate support and maintain the autonomy of the local company.
• Develop negotiation strategies and lead negotiations with potential and existing suppliers.
• Reviews business arrangements and approves long-term agreements with suppliers.
• Work and negotiate with governments and companies in Low Cost Countries to develop supplier partnerships.
• Identify suppliers at risk of failing to deliver goods or services to support production. Institute corrective action.
• In collaboration with Director of MRP and Production Control, analyzes current systems, policies, procedures, and practices for potential improvements in cost, lead times, inventory levels, and delivery schedules.
• Interface with customers to review supply chain performance, risks and opportunities.
• Define required competencies for members of the supply chain team and deploys development activities for employees. Provides leadership and engage in hiring, training, evaluating counseling, and disciplining employees.
• Ensures that supply chain activity is conducted legally and ethically and in compliance with organizational policies and procedures.
• Prepares for and supports audits of systems and processes by internal and external auditors.
• Will use MS Office Suite(Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
• Will use communication and presentation skills to explain complex technical and contractual issues to varied levels of employees, customers, government and community officials are essential.
Will demonstrate knowledge of, and ability to collaborate with, Operations, Program Management, Quality Assurance, and Finance.
• Bachelor’s degree and 10 years supply chain experience that includes intense levels of strategic sourcing.
• A minimum of 5 years in a supply chain leadership role.
• Previous experience with an aerospace manufacturing organization is preferred.
• A Master’s degree is a plus.
• Experience developing and managing suppliers in foreign countries to include a history of developing and implementing strategic direction and cost saving initiatives.
• Proven ability to negotiate long-term agreements with domestic and international companies.
• Ability to travel internationally.
Triumph Group, Inc. - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard