Make a huge impact as Technical Product Manager and IT Lead driving critical infrastructure projects from definition through to completion. You will operate both at a strategic level - setting the infrastructure roadmap and agenda, as well as a the tactical level - managing project burndowns and configuring cloud systems. Your primary role is to be a project leader, coordinating across business, engineering, and administrative functions to execute and complete projects. IT administration will be a smaller part of the role, configuring and administering systems and ensuring appropriate set-up and operation. This role reports into the VP of Product Management, and you will work closely with the exec team communicating status of key projects as well as discussing and managing opex costs.
The ideal candidate is equal parts product manager, project manager and technical leader. He or she excels at understanding business requirements and translating those into technical requirements. You are a consumate project manager, who posesses superior communication skills that can effectively coordinate resources in a distributed geographic environment. As with all positions at Articulate, this individual needs to be entrepreneurial - a problem solver that can accomplish a lot with minimal resources and oversight. As the head this group, you’ll manage a small, dedicated team of technical resources and practice hands-on leadership as both a manager and contributor.
This role is a 100% telecommute position.
- Work with cross-functional leads to define and capture the needs of business and product owners. Develop into an infrastructure roadmap.
- Where possible, adopt best-in-class third-party solutions that fit with our philosophy of "flexible and open". Extend such systems to meet business needs as needed.
- Where required outline requirements for developing home-grown systems and manage internal development projects
- Monitor, manage and configure production systems as required
- Work with COO to propose, define and manage infrastructure projects and budgets
- Define security and data privacy practics
- Define data model and architecture to maximize flexibility while minimizing cost
- Create and manage help-desk function for company
- 5+ years as technical product leader or IT manager
- 10 years work experience in project management and product delivery roles
- Strong technical capabilities - ability to make key architecture and data model decisions with little input
- Deep experience in systems adoption, development and administration
- Superb ability to work with business and product leaders in defining requirements and implementing systems
- Excellent project management and budget management skills and experience
- Bias toward open source systems and architectures
- Agile development expertise and bias
Articulate is a nimble software company totally focused on building incredible e-learning software, community, and content. We have 31,000+ B2B customers, including 92% of Fortune 100 companies and 19 of 20 top-ranked universities. Our customers trust us because they know we’re just as passionate about them as they are about us.
We’re a telecommute company where good ideas, productivity, and open
communication reign supreme. We trust employees to do their best
work—however they choose. Every one of our world-class employees makes a
difference to our business. Learn more about working at Articulate.
Articulate - 10 months ago