The Director of Talent Acquisition/ Staffing Operations plays a critical role at Food Bank For New York City (FBNYC) in attracting talent, cultivating them to apply to, and join Food Bank For New York City. This position is responsible for driving all full-cycle recruitment and talent sourcing efforts to meet immediate and strategic staffing needs across all divisions within Food Bank for NYC. This individual will create, execute and own a recruitment strategy with a priority for diversity in applicant pools, sustaining relationships with recruiting sources to ensure evergreen candidate pipelines and initiating innovative technique/ strategic sourcing efforts for high-demand, niche positions. In partnership with the Senior Director of Human Resources, this individual is a brand ambassador and will apply a range of effective communication tools and techniques that positions the Food Bank For NYC as an employer of choice. This individual is expected to use their knowledge of supply /chain talent procurement, technical expertise, and sourcing networks to advance Food Bank workforce planning / strategic planning objectives/hiring targets. This role will manage and further develop a robust student internship program while responding to internal needs and external opportunities. Finally, this individual will supervise the HR Generalist position, manage on-boarding and benefits administration efforts to meet recruitment/ retention targets promoting a positive organizational culture that aligns with the values and mission.
Employee Relations/ On-boarding
- Determine talent acquisition objectives by understanding current and future workforce data, business contracts in force, operational priorities and organizational vision and objectives.
- Manage and serve as primary contact on the full life cycle of recruitment for Food Bank for NYC across multiple functions and divisions including but not limited to exempt, non-exempt, permanent, temporary, seasonal positions; this includes sourcing, resume vetting, phone screening, interviewing, coordinating screening teams, administering testing (where applicable), creating hiring packets, creating job offer letters.
- Managing a successful, productive and efficient relationship with hiring managers interfacing with members of senior leadership teams when necessary; work with lead managers from all departments to understand and define recruitment requirement.
- Tracking and managing all recruiting and candidate data in Applicant Tracking System (ATS), including but not limited to open positions, candidate pipelines, qualifications and skills, interview schedule, interview feedback, final decisions, etc. Reports on all recruiting data on routine and ad hock basis.
- Develop recruiting materials to source passive and active job seekers; collect and create written and visual materials; contribute to organization web page to advance recruitment presence; preparing print advertisements and job board postings.
- Build diverse applicant sources by researching and contacting community services, colleges, employment agencies, recruiters, social media, and internet sites; providing organization information, opportunities, and benefits; making presentations; maintaining rapport.
- Manage student internship program: Monitoring internship need and capacity, projects development, intern sourcing, coaching interns, advising managers on training/ coaching interns; identifying interns for future capacity needs.
- Comply with legal guidelines to ensure compliance with all Federal and State employment requirements (EEO, ADA, IRS, etc.) as well funding requirements.
- Generate biweekly recruitment readouts/updates for department chiefs and hiring managers.
- Partner with Sr. Director of HR in managing budget for temporary/ gap fill staffing needs; track temporary staffing activity; supply data to finance for grants management purposes.
- Direct five-month onboarding program ensuring that newly hired employees receive an effective, consistent and authentic onboarding experience. Evaluate components of the onboarding program to ensure targets are met; integrate the program into existing retention efforts; track feedback and measure impact of onboarding program.
- Meet with newly hired employees to ensure understanding of onboarding stages/priorities, expectations, organizational culture and communication platforms (formal and informal). Ensure that new employees receive and complete relevant forms, understand organizational policies and procedures, and can navigate basic systems and processes.
- Set standards and hold managers accountable for effectively on-boarding their teams at the program/department level.
- Ensure that job offer letters and all relevant new hire and onboarding documentation are secured in employee files and for HRIS analysis.
- Administer the organization’s range of group health and voluntary benefits with particular emphasis on benefits enrollment for newly hired employees during new employee orientation meetings.
- Respond to employee questions about benefits utilization.
- Review industry trends and changes relevant to recruitment; make recommendations to ensure that compensation package remains competitive and aligned with staffing goals.
- Provide expertise in educating employees on their individual compensation packages.
- Manage the Human Resources Generalist position; provide task and process supervision; train and develop the individual in the position to further build capacity for the human resources department as well as meet professional development goals; complete performance appraisal and update job description for the position as needed.
- Cross-train HR staff on talent sourcing and recruitment processes.
- Actively manage and develop database capacity for prospects tracking, keeping communication data accurate and current; reporting out on prospect activity.
- Train hiring managers on maximizing the recruitment/selection process.
- Lead projects and provide support as directed by Senior Human Resources Director.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- PHR certification a plus.
- Minimum 7 years combined recruiting, human resources and organizational development experience.
- Minimum of 3 years task supervision and/or project management experience.
- Proficiency in MS Office, and Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS); strong analytical & quantitative skills
- Solid judgment; able to demonstrate a high standard of personal integrity and business ethics; able to handle sensitive & confidential information discretely
- Flexible, creative and detailed-oriented; proven success managing thru ambiguity and change.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong business partnering skills; ability to work independently and in cross-functional groups
- Able to interact with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Willingness to travel between company locations within New York City
- Experience or knowledge of social services/hunger issues a plus.
- 2 years ago - save job
Food Bank For New York City was founded in 1983 to address the growing needs of people seeking emergency food assistance in New York City....