Director of Technical Infrastructure Operations
At Transunion, we know that finding the right people is the reason we’re a global leader in credit information and information management services. We strive to provide an environment that allows our talented people to find success and satisfaction. Now, we’re adding to the team and seeking a Director of US Information Technology.
What we need:
Transunion works with businesses and consumers to gather, analyze, and deliver critical information needed to build strong economies around the world. We help >45,000 businesses manage risk, and 500 million consumers understand and manage credit.
To do this, we rely on managers that harness talent and guide our organization to succeed. As our Director of US Information Technology, you will be responsible for overseeing and directing the activity of a department providing technical support or development services within a department. You will be responsible for translating organizational objectives into specific department objectives, developing plans and resource allocation for their achievement. The Director is concerned with policy making decisions that will drive the general objectives of the assigned business function(s), and develops the framework to guide processes and subsequent measures accordingly.
Who you’ll work with:
In this critical role, you will be responsible for working with the different business units to support the work of your unit. As a leader, you will function as a subject matter expert for your team, and utilize your expertise to incorporate, understand, and blend the functions of other operational areas to make decisions and recommendations. You will also work with senior management to identify key areas for improvement to align to the larger department objectives. Inside and outside the organization, you will establish and maintain strong collaborative relationships with strategic partners.
What we expect:
As Director of US Information Technology, you’ll need to manage multiple projects simultaneously, with occasionally conflicting priorities. You must have the drive, guts and skill to make the best decisions in the moment and in the long-term for your team and the company. Key responsibilities include:
What you’ll bring
- Shares and clarifies overall company vision and related department strategies with associates, collaborating with managers and peers to understand needs.
- Balances department goals and overall company objectives with business unit goals and customer needs, defining what’s needed to deliver on plans and creating frameworks to provide in which goals are achieved.
- Defines scope of products/services and plans for resources needed, including time and staff expertise, tools, and financing.
- Provides continual, constructive feedback on performance results against departmental goals.
- Defines the specific achievement levels needed for department success, setting baseline expectations, monitoring results and encouraging group toward high-level performance.
- Envisions ideal achievements and performance results for the department, consistent with the organizational objectives, and establishes requirements, delivery criteria and measures for performance.
- Advances the development of associates by creating an environment conducive to internal, external, cross-functional and on-the-job training.
- Forecasts, develops and implements departmental budget, reviewing and approving all expenses (internal and external), negotiating and approving vendor fees, and analyzing budget for variances
- Translates customer-oriented values, beliefs and needs into meaningful business goals, and explores customers’ ideas and concepts to identify potential new opportunities.
- Defines a high level framework of processes, linkages, critical success factors and performance measures.
- Provides direction on and interprets legal and company compliance issues.
- Establishes standards for timely delivery of management reports, human resource, accounting and other various administrative activities.
As Director of US Information Technology, you should have 13+ years business/industry experience. In addition, you should have a Bachelors Degree in computer science, information systems, business administration or similar discipline. An MBA is preferred.
Minimum 5 years of demonstrated management experience
Experience in managing multiple, large, cross-functional teams or projects, influencing senior level management and key stakeholders.
Ability to participate as a key manager and business partner with the company's management.
Ability to develop and execute an IS strategic plan.
Able to influence others successfully in order to obtain results.
Understands executive mindset and is able to present information in an effective way.
Supervises effectively without micromanaging, developing processes so the team can function autonomously.
Requires strong technical and business knowledge in multiple facets of Information Technology.
Knowledge of required technologies, applications or tools as appropriately required for the position.
Project Management skills as appropriately applicable to position.
Knowledge of project management methodologies, tools and practices required.
Makes sound business decisions based on knowledge of industry trends, latest technology, and practices
Able to think strategically and to position company's products and services to align with customers' needs.
Proficient in capacity management and performance management (MF and Open Systems).
Proficient in storage management efficiencies and performance.
Good understanding for managing assets and licensing.
Financial experience specific to a rate based charge back model.
Understanding of MF account code management.
Experience in MF products and hardware including connectivity.
Ability to communicate well with all levels of the organization, internally and externally.
Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills.
Excellent time management, communications, decision making, presentation, human relations and organization skills.
Ability to resolve problems in a timely manner.
Ability to translate technical terminology into terms understandable to management.
Has a well-developed understanding of how overall company structure, company and customer long-term directions and industry trends interrelate and drive the business and is able to merge these perspectives to develop department’s financial plan and goals.
Ability to make decisions, solve a problem, or course of action, sometimes through deductive techniques or without the benefit of precedent, policy or consultation with others.
What you can expect:
We serve as a trusted partner to businesses and consumers, so we’re committed to maintaining the accuracy, safety and privacy of their information. That translates to a commitment to constant process improvement and creative problem solving. This is a company that you can truly contribute to, that is open to your ideas and insights, and that supports you while you do it.
You will be challenged to work hard and focus on results. In return, we provide a stable environment dedicated to work/life balance, with a convenient downtown Chicago location near Union Station, flexible schedules, an onsite health club, tuition and certificate reimbursement, and more. We also pride ourselves on providing a learning environment, and one that promotes from within.
TransUnion - 2 years ago
TransUnion helps credit scores transcend boundaries. The firm is one of the three major consumer credit reporting agencies (the others being...