The Club is located on the Indian River where the area is graced with tropical breezes, abundant foliage, fascinating wildlife and beautiful facilities.
Included at The Moorings Club are:
- a 73 acre, Pete Dye 18 hole, Par 64 golf course
- 9 Har-Tru tennis courts with 6 lighted for evening play
- a state-of-the-art Health & Fitness Center and an on-site Spa
- an outdoor pool
- casual & fine dining restaurants
Job Description: The Director is responsible for the proper management of all tennis operations of the club to facilitate maximum member satisfaction from their tennis activities. The Director will run an operation compatible with the interests of members and their guests as well as club employees, the maintenance and improvement of the quality of the club’s services, and the security and protection of the club’s assets and facilities.
Qualifications: Four year college degree preferred; experience in the tennis teaching industry.
Good communication skills including oral, written and listening. Ability to motivate, organize and lead others to achieve objectives. Must be able to supervise, delegate responsibility and follow up.
Membership in either the USPTA or the USPTR organization. 1-3 years as Head Tennis Professional with prior supervisory/management experience. 10-15 years tennis experience in competitive play, 5-10 years teaching experience. Private country club or tennis club experience a plus. Understanding of accounting and budget functions. USPTA P2 minimum rating.
- Promote leagues, round robins, drop-in, ladders and tournaments.
- Develop and promote tennis clinics, private lessons, adult, junior and senior programs.
- Administers and officiates at tournaments, exhibitions and inter- and intra-club events.
- Call new members in order to conduct a tennis orientation into the facility/programs available.
- Establishes and enforces club tennis policies and procedures regarding play on club courts.
- Strings rackets and performs other light equipment repairs.
- Writes and edits all tennis-related news for the club newsletter (includes photos when possible).
- Ensures that all club members and guests receive courteous, prompt and professional attention to all their tennis needs.
- Markets tennis facilities to members.
- Represents the club in area professional tennis activities and at state or national tennis events with approval from the General Manager.
- Oversee the Tennis Shop to include merchandising, recording inventory and invoices as per budgetary guidelines. Establishes appropriate inventory levels for tennis shop.
- Maximize the Club’s tennis facilities to reduce attrition and attract new members.
- Selects, trains, supervises and evaluates the Tennis Professionals and other tennis staff.
- Attend merchandise shows and orders necessary inventory.
- With Director of Finance establishes and implements an accurate inventory control system and reports results accordingly.
- Transfers all charge tickets from the tennis shop to the accounting department.
- In coordination with General Manager and Director of Finance develops the budget for the tennis department. Takes action as necessary to help assure that budget goals are met.
- Maintains a close working relationship with other club professionals and/or club managers.
- Maintains an accurate record of all lessons and clinics given providing written reports on a monthly basis to accounting.
- Participates on all committees related to the tennis operation.
- Ensures that all employees consistently comply with club’s employee manual and with all applicable federal and state employment laws.
- Strong preference for a current Director of Tennis
- Immediate Availability
Supervises: Assistant Tennis Professionals, Pro Shop Staff and Tennis Maintenance Staff
Position: Salaried/Exempt, supervisory.
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
Benefits: Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life insurance, paid vacation, and 401k.
Schedule: Schedule is 6 days per week during season (October 15 -May 15) and 5 days per week during off-season (May 16 – October 14) or as necessitated by club peak periods.