Director of US Health Policy and Reimbursement
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Pricing & Market Access
Pricing & Market Access - 4105
Celgene Corporation is committed to delivering innovative therapies designed to improve the lives of patients worldwide. We are a global biopharmaceutical company with operations in more than 70 countries that is helping to turn incurable cancers into chronic, manageable conditions. We are seeking talented professionals as we continue to grow and advance our efforts in oncology, hematology and immune and inflammatory disease. If you would like to join a company where you can make a difference, please consider the Celgene family.
Required Education & Experience
This position will report to VP, Strategic Market Access and Policy
- Bachelors' degree health economics, health policy or related field required. Advanced degree preferred (Public Policy or related discipline a plus).
- 8-10 years experience in health policy, government affairs, reimbursement, or health economics/outcomes research in Medical Device, Pharmaceutical or Healthcare Industry.
- Prior experience representing a company to the CMS or other government health agencies is desired.
- Successful candidate must demonstrate excellent communication and collaboration skills, and a high level of competence in reimbursement and health economics of pharmaceuticals.
- Experience in developing corporate positions on policy issues and policy work plans and communicating these to senior management.
- Experience in dealing with US federal and state government agencies, such as Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, including their regulatory processes and finance issues and processes.
- Experience with reimbursement and market access conditions and health policy trends in international markets a plus.
Overview of position
This position will analyze, assess, and communicate key U.S. health care policies that may impact Celgene in both the short and long-term. The position will focus on the impact of public and private sector trends on Celgene with respect to patient access and reimbursement. The Director of U.S. Health Policy will play an integral role in helping internal and external customers understand the dynamic health care environment, while developing strategies to assess, impact and shape policies impacting Celgene and the patients we serve.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
Celgene is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status.
- Monitor and assess U.S. public policy environment, including specific policies that impact coverage and reimbursement for Celgene products within all payer environments (Medicaid, Medicare and private payers)
- Effectively manage internal cross-functional teams to facilitate information flow throughout the organization on all U.S. public policy issues.
- Closely collaborate with Celgene Federal Government Relations, State Government Relations, Patient Advocacy, as well as Celgene therapeutic area franchises, U.S. Medical Affairs and Clinical, Regulatory Affairs, Market Access and other internal customers.
- Coordinate development of policy positions and appropriate policy materials to ensure successful implementation of work plans on all priority U.S. policy issues.
- Develop strategy and educational materials on key U.S. public policy issues and communicate on public policy positioning and priorities to internal and external audiences.
- Develop and articulate effective reimbursement policy and strategies which integrate and support business objectives that are impactful, executable, easily communicated, and clinically/financially supported.
- Develop and implement policies to drive optimal coverage and payment for products/indications in our portfolio and pipeline.
- Drive health policy initiatives which facilitate effective use of our products.
- Assist in the development and execution of comparative effectiveness research/outcome studies to reinforce product value for economic stakeholders.
- Build relationships with both internal and external stakeholders to support the company’s policy positions and priorities.
- Develop written materials (e.g. Policy Issue Briefs) and presentations on health policy and reimbursement issues.
- Ability to travel (about 20%).
Celgene complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for Celgene in the U.S.
Employment applicants requiring immigration sponsorship must disclose, when initial application for employment is made, whether or not they are legally authorized to work in the U.S. and, if so, whether that authorization permits them to work in the job they seek. In no case should Celgene support of a potential employee’s temporary visa application be construed to guarantee success of that application or amend or otherwise invalidate the "at-will" employment relationship between the employee and Celgene.
Healthcare Jobs on Display - 2 years ago
Celgene is delivering innovative therapies to patients with unmet medical needs in cancer and inflammatory diseases.