Catalent is a leading provider of advanced technologies and outsourced services for the Pharmaceutical, biotechnology and consumer health industries. Catalent develops, manufactures and packages pharmaceutical and other products for customers in nearly 100 countries, employs approximately 10,000 at more than 30 facilities worldwide and generates more than $1.7 billion in annual revenue. Among its core offerings, Catalent develops and manufactures oral and sterile pharmaceuticals in nearly all major dosage forms, and offers proprietary technologies used in many well known prescriptions and over-the-counter products.
The Director of Project Management (PM) is responsible for the site PM function - providing leadership, coordination, and operational management. The Director is responsible for managing, leading and delivering: New Product Introductions; Technology Transfers into the site; Technical Support Projects at the site; strategy for building site Project Management capability and competency, and managing site PMs.
The Director of PM is a critical leadership role for the St Petersburg site. The incumbent is a member of the Site Leadership Team and has dual accountability into the St Petersburg site GM. The Director will partner with the site Leadership team to identify, prioritize and execute customer funded project, proactive development programs; and deliver the portfolio on-time with quality.
The Director of PM is responsible for delivering quality products and solutions to customers by understanding product strategy and customer needs, St Petersburg and Softgel business strategy, supporting the development of business cases, developing business requirements, and supporting product development and deployment. The role ensures business requirements are met, monitor project plans, manage budgets, align resources and manage change.
Specific Duties, Activities, and Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership and management for site Project Management Function, including direct line authority for PMs and matrix accountability for their cross-functional teams.
- Manage strategic planning and execution of the St Petersburg project portfolio; including prescription and consumer health customer-driven (Fee for Service) and proactive Development programs.
- Represent St Petersburg in business unit / R&D project/portfolio reviews, management and R&D operating mechanisms, etc.
- Proactive role in building a robust pipeline of new products and technologies for site.
- Support the RFQ and BD process for St Petersburg site and represent site capabilities to customers. Assist with project proposals to determine technical requirements, timing, funding, and procedures for successful completion of projects.
- Optimize the allocation of resources to projects and managing sequencing to create maximum value for the site and Softgel business unit.
- Interact with customers to manage project expectations and ensuring positive customer relationships.
- Ensure clear prioritization and execution of all projects in accordance with expectations in terms of milestone deliverables and budget.
- Conduct regular project reviews to assess progress and make adjustments to keep projects on track in terms of technical and quality deliverables, timelines, and budget.
- Provide regular progress reports to management and stakeholders.
- Responsible for budget and resource planning and management for site PM function. Including staffing requirements, resource allocation and capability building.
- Build and lead a high-performing Project Management Team for St Petersburg site. Attract and retain high-caliber talent, maintain clear roles and responsibilities, and determine development requirements for the team members.
- Participate in the design and implementation of standard PM policies and processes such as Project Management systems.
- Assist in development of quality improvement programs that instill a consistent higher performing quality culture.
Bachelors in science, engineering or related field.
Advanced technical degree and/or MBA preferred.
PMP Certification preferred; documented PM subject matter expertise required
10-15+ years of experience in regulated industry; pharmaceutical preferred.
Demonstrated successful leadership of a PM team/function with successful track record of deliver projects on time with quality.
Experience building and/or improving PM capability for a site or business unit.
Product development and manufacturing experience is required
Experience in both branded and generic pharmaceuticals is preferred
Proven leadership and management abilities
Demonstrated advanced knowledge in Project Management (PMP certification preferred): 10+ years of related project/program management experience in manufacturing, technical operations, product development, and/or R&D project management
- Knowledge/Skills Requirements:
Proven track record of excellent project management skills demonstrated for challenging client, complex interrelated or technically oriented projects.
Must have sound knowledge of the drug development process preferably for prescription and consumer health pharmaceutical products.
Must have experience managing customer interface; can document building and maintaining positive customer relationships
Diversity of functional business experiences (e.g. client, operational, manufacturing systems, marketing, investments, customer service, R&D)
Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to work across the organization and interact/influence/negotiate effectively at all levels of management and peers
Experience in demonstrating leadership/influence and collaboration in a matrix-managed environment, and across multiple and diverse groups
Must be familiar with cGMP and safe work practices; Quality systems & Regulatory compliance.
Encourages and facilitates teamwork through mutual support, being inclusive, fostering innovation and embraces diversity of thought
A full complement of business computer literacy skills (e.g., word processing, spreadsheets, database software etc.) is preferred.
Works well under pressure and able to prioritize workloads; high level of attention to detail.
Must be able to perform risk assessments in a timely manner, make sound judgments, and act accordingly.
Collaborative: Develops ideas, and seeks input from others. Shares own skills and information with others.
Blend knowledge and analysis with logic, active listening, and a continuing interest in simplification
Be willing to take a position, and assert influence to drive improvement.
Continuously seek opportunities for improvement
Leadership: Achieves excellence in all areas of business; Champions change and effectively manages the implementation of new ideas.
Teamwork: Reinforces team approach throughout practice both on client projects and internal initiatives; Supports and solicits input from team members at all levels within the organization.
Customer Management: Communicates effectively with customers to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions and strategies. Continually defines ways to increase customer satisfaction and deepen customer relationships. Maintains lasting customer relationships; ensures practice delivers superior solutions to clients. Provides senior level resolution to customer issues.
Technical Knowledge: Understands the implications of different technical choices and is able to guide customers to the best solution for their situation.
Catalyst + talent = Catalent. At least, that's the brand Catalent Pharma Solutions is using to try to ensure its customers'...