This list of duties is not exhaustive, and duties may be added, deleted or changed at any time without notice.
1. Direct fast paced graphics heavy newscast using the Ignite Automation software. Responsible for maintaining desired on-air look of newscast by supervising studio and engineering personnel during newscast.
2. Work closely on a daily basis with news producers in the preparation of newscast.
3. Direct "Breaking News" and "Special Reports" as directed by management.
4. Coordinate with Sales AE's in the production of local commercial material.
5. Edit commercial, promotional, programming or public service material using non-linear editing systems.
6. Direct news or special events on location.
7. Perform other duties as directed by the Director of Operations.
Education: College broadcasting/telecommunications courses required, degree in related field preferred.
Experience: Previous directing experience at a TV station required.
Equipment: Must be familiar with all aspects of Television Production including audio, switching, digital effects, shot composition, lighting, and character generators. Must have a good working knowledge of computers. Experience with non-linear editing required. Experience with Ignite Automation preferred.
Skills/Abilities: Must be able to handle multiple projects under sometimes-extreme time constraints. Ability to work unusual hours, including early morning, late night, weekend schedules and overtime hours required.
License: Must possess a valid driver's license and provide proof of insurance.