Director - Global Service Desk
Reports to: SVP, Service Delivery
Location: Andover, MA
What You Will Do in the Director, Global Service Desk role:
This role is responsible for leading the establishment of a Global Service Desk to deliver world-class, end-user experience and IT management programs. Some responsibilities will include:
Responsibilities will also include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Lead the technical aspects of the Global Service Desk to maintain the efficiency of all processes and tools to the highest possible level.
- Participate in global projects which will affect the end-user space to ensure smooth introduction of new technology and software. Work in close cooperation with the Infrastructure group, the Service Desk and Remote sites leadership in support of these projects.
- Work closely with the Account Management group to ensure we gather business requirements around the end-users space at all time.
- Manage 3rd party relationships with outsourced vendors contracted to perform work for Navisite Service Desks.
- Work closely with the senior IT leadership team to determine strategy and approach of the future End-User environment.
- Monitor recurring Service Desk issues and look at solutions to eradicate as many as possible repetitive issues.
What We Are Looking for in a Director, Global Service Desk candidate:
- Develop the Service Desk group structure (taking into account existing staff, if applicable) to deliver the best performance with the best quality.
- Develop, manage and maintain a group of talented individuals.
- Review, prioritize and develop a permanent roadmap for world-wide Service Desk operations.
- Support other teams in the projects process and roll-out of new technology when applicable.
- Recommend and develop productivity tools for our service desk to ensure optimum service to end-users.
- Help define, implement, and maintain Information Technology standards, policies, processes, and procedures as it relates to managing our desktop and laptops and other end-user environment tools.
- Identify and exploit technology opportunities that cost-effectively gain efficiencies, increase performance, and improve reliability in alignment with overall business objectives.
- Provide timely status on a regular basis to our direct management.
Job code: CB 05/08/12, navitbot
- 15 + years experience in managing IT Managed Services organizations
- Previous experience implementing and running an ITIL focused organization
- Large scale IT project management experience
- Familiarity with mergers and acquisitions, Business Continuity, Disaster Recovery, etc…
- Strong expertise in customer / vendor relationship management
- International experience a plus
- Leadership skills a must!
NaviSite, Inc. - 2 years ago