Located on campus and affiliated with Harvard University in Cambridge, MA this NAEYC accredited center serves 60 children, including infant through preschool age in five classrooms, and has a staff of 25. Radcliffe Child Care Center (RCCC) provides an opportunity to work with professional, passionate teachers who are dedicated to high quality care. The Center prides itself on reflective curriculum, supportive relationships, and is looking to deepen its Reggio influence. There are many opportunities to engage with the surrounding environment, which include the Charles River, Harvard and Central Square neighborhoods, and our peaceful nature-filled yard. The Center values the important role its families play not only in their children’s lives, but also as partners in the RCCC community. RCCC has been serving the diverse population of the Harvard University and Cambridge communities for over 40 years. This position begins in summer 2013.
Director Job Responsibilities:
We are seeking an experienced early childhood professional to serve as the leader of the Center and work collaboratively with the Board of Directors and staff members.
The ideal candidate will:
- Provide vision, leadership, mentoring and supervision to the staff
- Guide the staff’s professional development and lead curriculum development
- Oversee daily operations and assure that all policies and licensing regulations are followed
- Manage and monitor budget and enrollment
- Partner with staff regarding care, curriculum, and policies so as to uphold and support the Center’s philosophy of committed collaboration
- Maintain positive relationships with families
- Uphold NAEYC accreditation
- Work in partnership with Board members, Harvard’s Work/Life Office and the other child care centers serving the Harvard community
- B.A./B.S. or M.A. in Early Childhood Education or related field (Master’s strongly preferred)
- EEC Director II qualified
- 3+ years experience as a director of an early education program preferred
- Experience with NAEYC accreditation
- Familiarity with Reggio Emilia approach and/or a willingness to adopt the Reggio philosophy
- Ability to work as a team in a collaborative environment
- Clear and strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task
- A hands-on participatory approach
The Radcliffe Child Care Center offers an excellent salary and benefits package.
For more information about the Radcliffe Childcare Center, please see our website: http://www.radcliffechildcarecenters.org/