Seeking to hire Compensation Director that leads enterprise wide compensation programs both strategically and hands-on. Scope of role includes all Sears formats, Kmart, Corporate, Supply Chain and Home Services Business Units totalling 300k associates. Directs professional staff of six including 2 Managers and 4 Analysts. Responsible for all SHC internal business customers: Retail, Home Services and Corporate.
- Responsible for leadership and execution of all customer facing compensation components including base pay, merit, and variable programs for non-executives.
- Design leader for base pay programs and will collaborate closely with peer variable pay leader on business unit level bonus and commission plans.
- Serves as Compensation thoughtleader and strategist to HR Generalist partners and Business Unit leaders. Responsible for development of business unit compensation philosophies and strategies.
- Continually builds relationships to increase knowledge of business and continually changing business needs.
- Guides and coaches team members with customer-focus and sense of urgency. Actively develops team members.
- Leads team to create structure focusing on policy/practice development and documentation, process improvement and documentation and streamlining of current processes partnering with other HR functions.
- Acts as owner of new salaried structure program under development for all exempt positions to be followed the consolidation of several non exempt salary structures across Sears' and Kmart formats.
- Bachelor's Level Degree in HR, Finance, Psychology or related major or equivalent experience.
- MBA or Master's Degree preferred.
- Minimum of 15 years experience in base pay compensation that includes managing teams.
- Strong team player with focus on serving the Customer (HRGs and business partners).
- Excellent prioritization skills and ability to succeed in a fast paced work environment.
- Results oriented with the ability to be flexible and adaptable to constantly changing priorities.
- Strong people leader with excellent coaching, development, and listening skills.
- Thoughtleader of compensation theories and philosophies.
- Strong data analysis skills using Excel and Powerpoint. Access skills desirable.
- Excellent ability to apply judgment to gray areas.
- Logically solves problems by thoroughly evaluating options and recommending solutions.
- Solid written, oral, and presentation communication skills.
- Knowledge of Federal and State regulations, laws and legislation related to compensation.
- CCP preferred
Sears - 2 years ago
Sears, Roebuck and Co. hasn't outgrown the mall scene, but it's spending more time in other places. Beyond its 840 US mall-based stores,...