Better advertising – relevant, engaging, educational, controllable and even humorous –benefits TV viewers, advertisers, networks and operators alike. TiVo Research & Analytics (TRA) is working to make better advertising a reality. TiVo started the DVR revolution over a decade ago and continues to be a leader in advanced television technology. We’ve already changed the TV landscape once; now, our pioneering spirit led us to the frontier of crossmedia audience and advertising effectiveness measurement: TRA matches second-by-second television viewing data to consumer purchase and ownership data to help advertisers, networks and TV operators maximize advertising efficiency.
TRA is looking for an accomplished product manager for our Media TRAnalytics® platform, based out of our offices in New York City. This role involves helping to translate TRA’s product vision into reality by helping to develop our strategic product roadmap and implementing that roadmap by translating the needs of our customers (including major players in the CPG, Pharma, Financial Services, Retail and Media industires) into detailed, implementable specifications from which our engineering team can build.
Here is what you get to do:
Lead on-going product management efforts for Media TRAnalytics® from strategy through implementation
Help shape TRA’s product roadmap, translate that roadmap to detailed requirements, and work directly with engineers to make sure new tools work as desired
Work with the major players in advertising – Fortune 500 brands, media agencies, television networks, cable/satellite/telco TV operators – and help enable them to improve advertising efficiency, media strategies, media delivery platforms and content
Join an energetic team of experts in the rapidly-growing field of behavioral audience research – people who are obsessed with television and the evolving media landscape and who want to help make it better
Here is what you’ll need to be successful:
5+ years of product management experience that included product ownership and working closely with fast-paced engineering teams
Solid current understanding of TV and Internet media landscapes
Excellent oral and written communication skills
Demonstrated experience in working with a technical product and or large data sets such as TV ratings / operations, ad optimization / reporting / posting, data measurement or analytics-related products
Ability to speak many different technical dialects including research methodology, statistics, sampling, software development, databases, TV technology, Internet advertising platforms, mobile advertising
Strong references from prior partners and/or clients showing a track record for complex relationships
Strong references from peers, showing team orientation and ability to collaborate with internal and external team members
Bachelor’s degree (BA or BS) required
What we're like to work with:
- Experience working with TV set-top box (STB) behavioral data and/or Internet “cookie” data
- Experience working with specifying / integrating data feeds from third-party vendors / partners
- Social science research / statistical methodology training/experience
- Market Research / User Research experience, ideally in a media- or technology-related company
- Big Data skills / experience
- Understanding of data privacy issues including writing / implementing privacy policies, opt-in/opt-out procedures, etc.
- Ability to turn data into relevant stories for clients; strong writing skills; ability to write / edit insights documents for publication or client distribution
- Experience working with television ratings data and vendors ( e.g. Nielsen, Rentrak, Kantar), Internet research data and vendors ( e.g. comScore, Nielsen netRatings, Omniture, Compete, etc.), TV program guide data and vendors (Tribune Media Services Rovi, FYI, etc.), consumer data and vendors (Experian, Acxiom, etc.)
- Advertising agency / media buying agency experience
- TV Geek cred ( e,g. AV Club membership, coax/TP cable termination, remote control programming, etc.)
- MBA, MA/MS or PhD in related field
- Honest, straightforward, no-nonsense, bad-news-first culture
- Small collaborative team that values independent problem solving
- Work hard, play hard
- Being paid to “watch” TV (and watch TV watching ) is fun!
TRA - 6 months ago
TRA is a premier safety and security consulting and software firm. TRA, headquartered in Philadelphia, PA, was founded in 1990 and has over...