Directs, plans, coordinates and supervises the operation and activities of a specialized unit or small department; develops and implements policies and procedures, administers the budget, organizes tasks and sets priorities. Serves as liaison with university personnel and community at large. Works under general supervision with broad latitude for initiative and independent judgment.
• Supports the customer service philosophy of Texas Tech University
• Complies with Texas Tech’s policies, procedures, and work rules
• Supervises staff assigned to TTU at Waco, including temporary personnel assigned
• Provides input to the Vice Provost for Extended Sites for academic planning and programming (including identification of unique academic programing requirements of the site), and serves as the local academic administrator for TTU at Waco
• Coordinates with TTU Student Affairs, Enrollment Management, Fiscal Affairs, Libraries Division and others for programs and services supporting students at TTU at Waco
• Provides leadership for the recruitment and retention of students at TTU at Waco
• Mentors TTU student development at TTU at Waco
• Implements academic and programmatic assessment activities and uses findings for improvement at TTU at Waco
• Oversees scheduling of classrooms and facilities at TTU at Waco
• Assists in recruiting local faculty, submitting resumes and vitas to department chairs, program coordinators and/or dean in Lubbock as needed and/or as requested
• Provides input to the Vice Provost for procedures applicable to facilities, governmental relations and development
• Collaborates with academic partners within the MCC University Center in the Waco area
• Provides input to the Vice Provost for the annual TTU at Waco budget and operates within established budget parameters for the fiscal year
• Conducts student and faculty orientation for TTU at Waco
• Supports faculty and adjunct professors assigned to teach at the educational site/(s) by TTU , assisting in instructional support, locating housing and office space, administrative support and other services needed to support operations at the site(s)
• Works with the Vice Provost to ensure that all university, state, federal and accreditation standards are met
• Prepares for and hosts visits of accreditation agencies for TTU at Waco
• Prepares and disseminate reports on site activity monthly and as required
• Oversees implementation of grant funded programs that support TTU at Waco – ensuring compliance with applicable guidelines and procedures
• Collaborates with the Vice Provost in developing relations with community and local governmental organizations supporting Texas Tech operations at TTU at Waco
• Works with other Regional Site Directors to identify institutional issues that need resolution and to collaborate on academic programs when possible
• Participates in Waco community and TTU alumni events
• Coordinates with MCC leadership, College of Arts & Sciences, and other colleges for the development of new courses, concentrations, and degrees
• Coordinates with TTU Lubbock faculty interested in research of the wetlands, the river, and other local research opportunities
• Facilitates their use and with the assistance of the Vice President of Research and the Vice Provost, develops a strategic plan for TTU at Waco and keeps it current
Bachelor’s degree in related area required plus five years progressively responsible management experience. Additional education may substitute for experience on a year for year basis.
This is a Security Sensitive Level II Position: Applications for this position will be subject to a criminal background check and may be required to be fingerprinted. Applicants will be subject to drug and alcohol testing after a conditional offer of employment has been extended but before employment can be confirmed. The offer of employment is contingent upon the candidate passing the drug test. Employees in Level II positions are subject to a post-accident drug testing.
• Terminal degree preferred
• Supervisory experience
• Master’s Degree
Security Level (TTU only)
Does this position work in a research laboratory?
If yes, are select agents used in this laboratory?
Texas Tech University
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Special Instructions to Applicants
This position is located in Waco, Texas
Hourly Pay Range
Monthly Pay Range
Internal Candidates Only?
Internal Cand Open Date
Internal Cand Closing Date
The entities of the Texas Tech University System are Equal Opportunity Employers and employ without regard to sex, race, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran, or other protected classes.