Responsible for providing support to the Chief Diversity & Inclusion Officer in executing the USTA Strategic Diversity & Inclusion Plan in an effort to strengthen the image and reputation of the USTA in all communities and leveraging diversity and inclusion in all areas of USTA business. This position serves as subject matter expert for diversity and inclusion, with emphasis on Supplier Diversity, Business Resource Groups (BRGs), and D&I Cross-Cultural Dexterity Training/Education. Duties include but not limited to:
· Successful leadership and oversight of the following projects: Supplier Diversity, Business Resource Groups, D&I Cross-Cultural Dexterity Training/Education.
· Establish and maintain Supplier Diversity database, works with the purchasing department (and information technology department) to develop a system to implement an effective, efficient Supplier Diversity program to support the USTA National Office and Sectional offices when possible. Must vet and develop relationships with potential vendors.
· Effectively lead and manage USTA Business Resource Groups to serve as an extension of the D&I Department. Ensure that the BRGs are focused on mission-related business activities. Must assist BRGs with helping USTA Departments utilize D&I as a strategy to achieve their goals.
· Effectively lead and manage the USTA D&I Cross-Cultural Dexterity Training/Education effort.
· Manage Coordinator charged with overseeing the USTA Internship Program.
· Enhance USTA messaging throughout all efforts, ensuring that the USTA is positioned as an open, inclusive organization, reaching out to all communities in order to grow the game of tennis in the United States.
· Serve as the departments liaison to the following USTA departments: Purchasing (e.g., Supplier Diversity); Human Resources (e.g., Talent I.D., Internship Program); Learning & Leadership Development (e.g., D&I Cross-Cultural Dexterity Training/Education); Legal (e.g., Mistreatment Complaints); and Marketing/Membership/Digital (e.g., Bilingual efforts)
· Liaise with internal media, marketing and communications departments to establish consistency of department message through advertising, collateral development and market research.
· Liaise with Human Resources on event management for diverse talent identification (e.g. recruiting fairs, trade shows, conferences, special events).
· Create, enhance and/or generate ideas and projects to further the USTAs Diversity & Inclusion strategy of creating an inclusive environment in each USTA National Department that deals with creating more tennis players, fans, providers, coaches, officials, staff and/or volunteers.
· Works with the USTA Diversity & Inclusion Advisory Group while maintaining active participation on cross-functional teams, as required.
· A highly-versatile professional, with a minimum of 7-10 years work experience in diversity & inclusion management, supplier diversity, employee/business resource groups, training & development, human resources, sales, marketing, or other related field, with demonstrable project management skills.
· Thorough knowledge of the strategic business case for diversity & inclusion at the USTA.
· Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
· Ability to handle numerous projects at any given time and deliver outstanding finished product in a timely manner.
· Bachelors degree, preferably in business, marketing, communications or related field.
· Bilingual (Spanish), preferred, but not required.
· Interest in tennis, a plus
United States Tennis Association - 6 months ago