Position ID: FY20 13.HETP.
Location : Bridgeton and Vineland, NJ
Salary : Commensurate with required experience and qualifications
University Research Co., LLC (URC)
URC is a global company that works to improve the quality of health care, education and social services in the U.S. and around the world. We provide technical assistance and field research to strengthen health systems and service quality by empowering health workers to find and expand proven and locally appropriate solutions to critical problems. URC is dedicated to expanding access to high-quality maternal, newborn and child health services, preventing and reducing infectious diseases including HIV/AIDS, TB and malaria; and improving family planning and reproductive health education.
Established in 1965, our work spans over 30 countries around the globe. Our mission is to provide innovative, evidence-based solutions to health and social challenges worldwide. Please join us in carrying out our mission ( http://www.urc-chs.com/ ).
Division & Project Overview
Headquartered in Bethesda, Maryland, the Center for Human Services, the nonprofit 501(c) 3, affiliate of University Research Co. LLC, is a leader in language acquisition, adult education, and public health. In 1988, we expanded our offices to New Jersey where we have offered a variety of programs in Cumberland, Salem, and surrounding counties. Our program offerings range from English as a Second Language (ESL) instruction, support for disabled migrant and seasonal farmworkers, a referral network for women living with HIV /AIDS and Diabetes self-management classes and family literacy services.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director of US-based Programs, the incoming Director will be responsible for the overall operations of both offices. He/she will handle daily operations, ranging from overseeing work products to securing appropriate service contracts. The incoming Director should be a sharp, hardworking, self-starter who is entrepreneurial in nature. This role requires an individual who is both business and politically savvy, as interaction with community, and city/ government officials will be another core component of the Director’s responsibilities. Other duties may include but are not limited to:
· Oversee daily operations, including staff and consultant supervision, work planning, resource allocation, and scheduling.
· Provide leadership and direction for technical staff, setting an effective agenda and ensuring performance goals are set and met. Coordinate and plan for ongoing staff development.
· Prepare and oversee preparation of project-related reports and other deliverables.
· Request and implement alterations in project design (in consultation with funding agencies and Headquarters Contracts department) to meet performance objectives.
· Work with the Director of US-based Programs and Headquarters HR department to hire staff, conduct performance reviews and handle other personnel issues
· Work with HR department to establish and maintain a consultant pool with requisite skills to address long- and short-term project needs.
· Ensure that all projects are implemented on time, on budget and in compliance with the approved Statement of Work and federal regulations. Work with Headquarters Finance and Contracts Coordinator to manage project budgets, including subcontractor, consultants and vendor payments. Participate in project portfolio reviews with Headquarters financial management teams.
· Interact directly with program clients and funding agencies, including participating in or coordinating site visits, grantee and program review meetings.
· Organize staff and participate in weekly meetings (via WebEx) with Headquarters staff as well as quarterly meetings with all US-based Programs.
· Identify and implement opportunities to showcase CHS work to funders and the community (i.e., graduations, newspaper articles, web stories, etc.).
· Lead local capacity enhancement efforts and represent projects to the public, key stakeholders and potential partners.
· Cultivate a thorough understanding of all existing projects and the grants that support them to affirmatively leverage all aspects of program work for business development efforts. Work with Director of US-based Programs and Business Development Unit to research and identify creative and appropriate grant and contract opportunities. Prepare grant applications for new and renewal opportunities, approved by the Director of US-based Programs, participating in the process from start to finish.
· Fundraise in conjunction with CHS Headquarters staff and in accordance to CHS policy, procedures and fundraising plan.
Required Experience & Qualifications
· Master’s degree in adult education, social work, public health, business administration or management level experience in related fields.
· Seven or more years of experience with increasing responsibility in nonprofit agencies.
· A demonstrated record of leadership and success in strategic planning, organizational development and problem solving.
· Experience with financial management, grant writing and grant management is expected.
· Familiarity with or experience working in federal or state government contracting environments (preferred).
· Must have the skills to effectively communicate in writing and orally, manage employees, work with Headquarters staff and publicly represent the agency.
· Should possess excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to creatively solve problems and resolve conflicts.
· Should maintain a professional manner at all times.
· Must be bilingual in English and Spanish.
· Proven skills and sensitivity in cross-cultural living, communication, understanding, and language acquisition required.
· Proficiency in computer applications including the Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access) and experience using case management software such as Apricot.
· Familiarity with managing research projects is a plus.
· Periodic travel to Bethesda, MD, Washington, DC and other locations throughout the US required.
Due to the large number of inquiries we receive, only candidates who have met the required experience & qualifications for this position will be contacted. No phone calls please. However, since we are active around the world in the field of public health, we may wish to retain your CV in our database for other/future opportunities, unless you direct us otherwise. Thank you very much for your interest.
URC is an E-Verify Employer
URC is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We value and seek diversity in our workforce.
University Research Co., LLC. - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard -