The University of Northern Iowa (UNI) is pleased to announce the formation of the Center for Educational Transformation and is seeking an individual to lead the important work of the Center. The Iowa General Assembly has designated UNI as the State's educational research and development center due to the university's rich tradition of teacher preparation and focus on improving the educational experience of Iowa's students. UNI is uniquely positioned to lead the state in the critical transformation that is necessary and to address national issues in educational reform. We are seeking an individual who can take on this important challenge and help UNI become a national leader in PK-12 education.
- Reports to the Executive Vice President & Provost
- Develops relationships within the university (teacher preparation programs) and external stakeholders (i.e. school district personnel, state leaders, Dept. of Education staff, etc.) to the university that will assist with carrying out the Center mission
- Determines the Center’s overall organizational structure and allocates managerial responsibilities
- Provides leadership and supervision of research fellows, graduate students and project faculty
- Creates an operating plan and develops strategic objectives that support UNI priorities
- Secures grants and implements projects related to teacher preparation and PK-12 education
- Measures and disseminates the impact and outcomes of the Center’s research and development
- Leverages partnerships across the state to inform decision makers and drive policy grounded in research results
- Produces innovations to transform teaching, learning and education systems
- Recruits, hires and trains department staff, evaluates staff performance, and develops goals and objectives for staff
Terminal degree and an academic record worthy of tenure at the Associate Professor level (Full Professor preferred) in a department at the University of Northern Iowa required.
Online Application Required Documents
- A recent record of five or more years of experience as a research and development scholar, including experience with school-based research
- Demonstrated effectiveness of securing grants, implementing projects, and measuring the impact of the outcomes, particularly in PK-12 settings
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and collaborative leadership abilities to facilitate, guide, and support internal and external constituencies
- Effective engagement with, and deep knowledge of trends, issues, reform initiatives, and operations associated with PK-12 education
References must be filled out online during the application process; however, only professional references will be allowed.
Number of References: 3
A plain text cover letter is required.
To start the Online Application process for this position, click the "Apply for This Position" button located below the Contact Information.