eFFECTOR Therapeutics, Inc. is a privately held biotechnology company located in San Diego, CA. eFFECTOR is developing selective translation regulators for the treatment of cancer and other diseases.
We are currently seeking a Director of In Vitro/In Vivo Pharmacology to join our experienced drug discovery and development team in San Diego. The successful candidate will build and lead the in vitro/in vivo pharmacology group in the development and utilization of biochemical and cellular assays, development and use of in vivo tumor models as well as biomarkers to support the company’s drug discovery and translational research and development efforts. A strong team player and leader, who enjoys scientific discovery and has the ability to communicate and collaborate in an interdisciplinary and fast-paced biotech environment is essential. This individual will make important contributions to our molecular and pharmacological understanding of disregulated translation and the identification of important new cancer therapeutics. This will include considerable opportunities to influence broader research strategies across discovery and development.
Primary responsibilities of the position will include:
- Oversight of the in vitro/in vivo pharmacology group and maintaining open and active communication with multi-disciplinary groups including ADME and chemistry
- Development and validation of animal models of human cancers to evaluate the efficacy of small molecule drug candidates.
- Design, development, and execution of in vitro biochemical and cell based assays in support of drug discovery and development
- Design and execution of efficacy and PK/PD/biomarker studies of anti-tumor candidate drugs in animal tumor models
- Ability and willingness to do hands on laboratory work across in vitro and in vivo studies
- Document, organize/interpret data, and present results
- Support the company’s infrastructure needs with regard to biochemistry, cell biology, in vitro, and in vivo pharmacology
BioSpace.com - 20 months ago