Duties and Responsibilities
The Director holds programmatic, planning, fiscal and administrative responsibilities for the ongoing development and management of the Undergraduate Academic Advising Center. The Director represents the Center to internal and external constituencies; manages the administrators, staff and faculty who are assigned to the Center in their respective capacities; participates in cross-university advising and first year programming initiatives; and provides vision and leadership for the Center and the undergraduate advising function. The Director is a member of the Leadership Team, the College’s leadership and planning group. The Director will be required to play a key role in and work collaboratively with others in supporting the First ear Experience Program. The Director chairs the First Responders early alert unit and is a member of the college’s Retention Task Force. The Director serves as an administrator with faculty rank.
- A Ph.D. or Ed.D. by July 1, 2013 is required.
- 5 – 7 years academic advising or related experience.
- The position requires college teaching experience in a first year experience course, as well as supervisory experience in a related higher education area.
- Strong understanding of student academic development and transition to college issues.
- Proficiency in database management, using the Internet and social media tools and in using the MS Office suite of software (i.e., Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel).
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and strong interpersonal skills.
- Requires excellent attention to detail, and strong organizational and problem-solving skills.
- The ability to work in collaboration with faculty, administrators, staff and students is essential, as is the ability to set and deal with multiple priorities, analyze situations and complex data.
- The demonstrated ability to work within a diverse community environment is required.
Applications will be reviewed as they are received, applicant screening will begin immediately, and the search will continue until the position is filled.
Grade 28: Salary Range; $75,409.09 - $111,605.67
BACKGROUND CHECKS ARE REQUIRED FOR ALL POSITIONS.
Please include a cover letter, CV/ resume, and contact information for three references.
Lesley University is committed to recruiting and employing qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal opportunity and affirmative action.