Fannie Mae exists to expand affordable housing and bring global capital to local communities in order to serve the U.S. housing market. Today, our focus is on preventing foreclosures, making mortgages and rental housing as affordable as possible, and supporting the housing recovery. We are rapidly building and realigning our company to better serve the market as we support the Administration's Homeowner Affordability and Stability Plan.
Join our dedicated, diverse, high-performing workforce and put your unique talents to good use as we work with our partners to advance our nation's housing recovery.
For more information about Fannie Mae and our career opportunities, visit www.fanniemae.com.
Coordinate strategy execution for a broad area of accounting policy. Ensure up-to-date accounting policies in compliance with industry regulations. Articulate goals, allocate resources, and manage workflow.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Research industry regulations and trends. Participate in discussions and conferences with regulators and other industry representatives.
- Anticipate regulatory changes and assess impact on the firm's accounting. Translate new pronouncements to enable understanding by stakeholders.
- Lead unit in drafting, finalizing, and reviewing policies and supporting systems. Obtain required approval.
- Collaborate internally to assess the impact of implementation and to ensure adequate training. Partner to ensure that implementation is well documented.
- Report to senior management on the unit's production, activities, and efforts.
- Represent the unit as an expert or resource to cross-functional project or coordinating teams.
- Plan, document, and manage the performance of subordinate managers and/or staff. Provide for professional or technical growth through assignment, mentoring, or training.
- Plan and manage the unit's budget. Approve expenditures or budget transfers.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- 8 years of related experience
- 8 years of experience in accounting within a top financial services or regulatory organization. Experience in a company with over $100 billion in assets is required
- 3 years of experience in a leadership role requiring staff management, decision making, and strategic thinking
- Experience with teamwork and evidence of extensive and effective communication capabilities with internal and external liaisons
- Extensive knowledge of GAAP and SEC rules and regulations.
- Experience in mortgage accounting environment; familiarity with accounting for mortgage backed assets, securities and loan commitments, derivatives and debt, impairments and fair value.
- An active license as a Certified Public Accountant
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a credit check for positions in some areas of our business.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are looking for employees who are intent on helping us achieve something remarkable. Since 2009, we have made tremendous progress in...