The Director of Accounting and Reporting is responsible for the accurate and timely preparation of all internal and external financial reporting as well as accounting operations. This individual is responsible for the development and implementation of accounting policies, procedures, and operational controls. Provides oversight, insight, and direction to financial reporting with emphasis on SEC reporting. Ensures conformity and compliance with US GAAP and Sarbanes-Oxley. This is an exempt position that reports to the Chief Financial Officer at the Home Office in Alamo, CA.
Education and Experience
- Accurately prepares all internal and external financial reporting to include, but not limited to: financial statements, analysis, projections, compliance, tax, and budgets.
- Prepares the Quarterly and Annual Reports on Form 10-Q/K and manages the internal and external review for these documents.
- Develops and maintains the Company’s program of internal compliance by establishing, implementing, and monitoring appropriate internal controls and policies to ensure conformance and compliance with GAAP and other requirements including Sarbanes-Oxley.
- Continually creates, implements, and maintains comprehensive accounting policy documents to improve clarity and consistency.
- Provides US GAAP interpretation and prepares technical memorandums that document issues in a clear, logical and comprehensive manner.
- Communicate and explain accounting issues and evolving accounting guidance to the management team.
- Provides strategic accounting support and analysis to optimize key business development initiatives and strategic partnerships.
- Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Identifies, analyzes, researches and makes recommendations about accounting and tax issues.
- Coordinates Federal and State Income tax accounting including analysis of current tax positions through an independent tax preparer.
- Communicates with external auditors on external financial statements and accounting issues to ensure auditor agreement with company decisions on accounting disclosures, and issues.
- Oversees the annual audit and quarterly review activities of external auditors.
RPM Mortgage, Inc. recently ranked 6 th among medium-sized firms for Top Workplaces in the Bay Area! We are a dedicated group of mortgage loan professionals and offer competitive salary and benefit packages. Background checks are performed prior to hire.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting or Finance and 7-10 years minimum of relevant experience, preferably in the mortgage industry or with a public company.
- CPA designation is required.
- SEC reporting knowledge is required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of US GAAP and SEC rules and regulations is required.
- Proven leadership and management skills.
- The ability to clearly and concisely document technical accounting and reporting matters.
- Experience developing financial models and financial reports; utilizing analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must be detail oriented and possess strong problem solving ability.
- Excellent organizational skills, sufficient to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities.
- Expertise in MS Office as well as financial and accounting software applications.