operational and administrative support to the organization. In keeping with the
overall goals and objectives of Fraser, this position manages all matters
relating to budget management and forecasting to ensure quality services. |
Fraser, Ltd Overview:
Fraser, Ltd., by
charter is the oldest human service agency in North Dakota established in 1893.
Fraser, Ltd provides assistance to children, youth, and adults on their lives
journey towards independence. We employ caring, responsible, and compassionate
individuals on our team of over 200 professionals. We provide services in three
areas; Children’s Services, Transitional Youth Services, and Adult Residential
Disability Services. Children’s Services provides a safe, healthy, and
inclusive environment in which children with special needs and children
typically developing learn and grow together. Transitional Youth Services
provides shelter, basic needs, life skills education and advocacy services for
disenfranchised youth by supporting independent thought and empowering
self-directed action for individuals ages 16-26. Adult Residential Disability
Services promotes education, advocacy, and active treatment for people with
intellectual disabilities by providing supportive services in a residential environment.
Director of Accounting - Qualifications:
Director of Accounting - Duties: (final responsibilities reviewed when offer is made)
- Bachelor’s Degree
in Accounting required; CPA and/or MBA is a plus.
- Seven years’
accounting experience including operations and department management, with
a solid background in finance, payroll, and budgetary processes.
- Strong oral
and written communication skills are essential with the ability to
effectively manage people and plan, develop, and implement goals and
- Capacity to
meet bonding or insurance carrier requirements is necessary.
- Ability and
willingness to gain understanding of applicable laws and regulations of
the Department of Human Services for the Developmentally Disabled Persons and
the Department of Housing and Urban Development.
- Working knowledge of Great Plains, Millennium, Word, and Outlook; advanced Excel skills necessary.
As an integral
and important part of the management team, will participate in management
decisions, have knowledge of the organization’s operations and provide insight
with respect to financial and business operational matters.
- Oversee and coordinate of all fiscal reporting activities for the organization both internally and externally.
- Develop and administer the department budgets by analyzing past expenditures, projecting service needs, and estimating cost feasibility, including HUD; create systems that reflect variances and identify where they exist.
- Review and evaluate budgetary items to establish priorities and maximize efficiencies; control operational costs by providing cash flow management; insure sufficient resources to meet agency’s current and long-range needs.
- Maintain present accounting systems to provide complete and accurate records of Fraser, Ltd.'s assets, obligations and financial transactions.
- Implement improved financial and operating data systems for effective financial planning and decision making; consult with Executive Director and liaise with Board of Directors’ representatives to support adequate, accurate communication in decision making.
- Review the investment options of Fraser, Ltd.’s assets, make recommendations to the finance committee.
- Prepare Fraser, Ltd. budgets, grants, and cost reports in accordance with DD and HUD regulations.
- Create a program-specific financial orientation to department administrators and managers; train as needed.
- Ensure efficient payroll functions; oversee accurate, timely and compliant payroll.
- Administer, as needed, the agency’s employee benefit plans, including but not limited to the tax-sheltered annuity, and health and benefit insurance plans.
- Acquire and apply knowledge pertaining to the Department of Human Services Developmentally Disabled Persons as well as the Department of Housing and Urban Development as they are related to Fraser, Ltd.
- Develop, recommend, and implement Business Office policies and procedures and internal controls that assure the organization is compliant with all regulations; ensure the agency’s fiscal policies and procedures supports all compliance initiatives of the organization.
- Supervise business functions of Fraser, Ltd. in the absence of the Executive Director.
- Act as contact with federal and state authorities and government regulators on all financial matters, as needed.
- Cooperate and consult with department administrators as necessary to obtain a broad programmatic knowledge base in order to effectively support accurate budget planning and administration.
- Participate in fundraising activities of Fraser, Ltd.
- Contribute as a member of the Management Team.
- Supervises Business Office staff.
Fraser Ltd. - 30+ days ago