JOB TITLE(S) AND CLIENT ASSOCIATION: Director of Administration, CIS
POSITION REPORTS TO: Executive Director, CIS
EXEMPT/NON-EXEMPT EMPLOYEE STATUS: Exempt
GENERAL SUMMARY: This position works closely with the Executive Director of CIS in managing client projects and programs and implementing activities that further the CIS objectives. Liaise with various committees as assigned to provide assistance and support. Provides assistance to and works the Executive Director in all areas of client activities. Manage specific committee and administrative projects as assigned. Manage membership application and dues processes. Manage Summer School(s) and Annual Meeting / PIDD National Conference planning processes. Some evening or weekend work may be necessary during busy times but will accommodate for religious purposes.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES: (minimum 37.5 hours/week)
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Manage CIS Schools including:
• Manage CIS Annual Meeting and PIDD National Conference including; site selection, contracting, development, promotion, registration, catering, etc.
- Establish and maintain School timelines and budgets
- Liaise with School Chairs
- Manage Request for Proposal and site selection process
- Negotiate hotel contacts
- Provide direction for catering managers at hotel facility
- Manage the application process
- Develop marketing strategies for the Schools
- Develop and monitor budgets
- Coordinate travel for attendees
- Produce on-site meeting materials for attendees
- Coordination of CME documents
• With the direction of the Executive Director, coordinate CIS fundraising/sponsorship efforts and provides periodic updates to the Council.
• Attend Schools, Council, Annual Business Meeting, and Leadership Retreat as necessary.
• Coordinate specific projects as directed by the Council, Executive Committee, and the Executive Director.
• Coordinate exhibiting at – and attend – related society meetings.
• Work with Nominating Committee to coordinate and oversee annual Council elections
• Coordinate and staff Council and Executive Committee meetings and conference calls including drafting and circulating agendas and drafting meeting minutes
• Serves as staff liaison to the Program, CME, and NIT / FIT Committees and coordinates all conference calls / meetings including the production and distribution of agenda, materials, taking and circulating minutes and correspondence.
• Coordinate and staff Annual Business Meeting including drafting and circulating the agenda and drafting meeting minutes
• Manage all aspects of Continuing Medical Education (CME) including liaising with association staff of jointly sponsored programs, completing CME materials for CIS sponsored programs, and assisting with ACCME re-accreditation (every four years).
• Under the direction of the Executive Director, develops systems and tracks them in a policy manual and procedures manual.
• Monitor budget and assist Executive Director and accounting department with annual audit.
• Other duties as assigned.
AMOUNT OF TRAVEL REQUIRED: Approximately 3-4 weeks per year.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: Bachelor’s degree; experienced meeting planner; excellent organizational and communication skills; team player; ability to prioritize varied assignments and handle multiple projects; proficiency in Word and PowerPoint; knowledge of Excel, iMIS and Outlook.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: (lifting, packaging, etc.) Minimal lifting required – usually at meetings or while exhibiting. Ability to move quickly within meeting facilities.