Reporting to the Dean of Enrollment Management, general responsibilities include a focus on advancing a data-driven recruitment and enrollment plan to lead the admissions team to identify and enroll qualified students into all programs at the College. This is a leadership position that requires the ability to motivate, inspire, support, and provide goals and structure to the admissions recruiters and staff. This position will require creativity to develop, execute and assess admissions recruitment programs and events in order to fulfill enrollment goals. This includes recruiting and enrolling qualified students, initiating on and off campus recruitment activities, and working as a team member with the Director of Student Information Services, Marketing and Academic Deans to bring in a class three times a year. A flexible work schedule that will include days, evenings, and some weekends is required. Travel, valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: - Supervise, hire, motivate, train, and lead the Admissions Office for Cambridge to include: the undergraduate, graduate, and National Institute for Teaching Excellence (NITE) admissions recruitment teams.
- Maintain the integrity of the admissions process by reviewing, developing and enforcing administrative procedures to insure new students are admitted in accordance with admission policies and college regulations.
- Develop target recruitment and application goals for fall, spring and summer terms for each team. Insure that weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual quantitative enrollment targets are met.
- Provide input and direction in developing advertising and print, web and electronic communication strategies. Identify new markets and qualified list purchasing for enhancing inquiry pools. Identify trends and opportunities in the marketplace.
- Use social media and technology to promote events and provide outreach to inquiries.
- Initiate and maintain key partnerships with two year colleges, English language schools, school districts, businesses and organizations. Create and update articulation agreements.
- In collaboration with the academic deans and staff, lead the development and execution of effective recruitment strategies for academic programs.
- Oversee all recruitment activities including outreaches, events on and off campus, travel, expos and fairs. Initiate new recruitment programs that include alumni, faculty, current students and social networking.
- Mentor staff to build and maintain relationships with area school districts, organizations and local businesses, serve on panels, and present at information sessions both on-and off-campus.
- Motivate, mentor, and coach team to attain admissions goals through consistent follow up, training, and team accountability.
- Hands on leadership, inspiration and motivation of prospective students.
- Collaborate with student service offices including Financial Aid, Bursars Office, Student Affairs and Registrar’s Office to enhance processes and streamline services for students to enhance customer service.
- Responsible for the on-going hiring, management, evaluation, and professional development of the admissions staff.
- Oversee department budget including developing proposals to support recruitment and admissions.
- Insure training and resources are available to facilitate the most effective use of technology for the department.
- Ability to manage stress and work under pressure while multitasking under deadlines and maintaining a sense of humor and ability to laugh.
- Ability to supervise and be supervised, giving and accepting constructive criticism.
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES: - Strategic Planning for department and participation in college-wide strategic planning efforts.
- Participate in NEASC visits and provide information and reports to the board and other committees when necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: Admissions and recruitment experience needed. Master’s degree required in higher education administration, counseling, or related field preferred; Experience working with a diverse population of traditional and non-traditional adult students. Progressive experience with supervising, motivating and evaluating staff; Demonstrated high levels of integrity, intelligence, and professional ethics; Ability to multi-task, and to succeed within strict deadlines; Must be a team player, willing to share and exchange ideas and strategy; Entrepreneurial perspective motivated by success with a mission focus.
EXPERIENCE: Must be able to demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills; Goal oriented and intrinsically motivated with superior customer service and networking skills; Effective leadership, collaborative team building and decision making skills are essential. Candidates must have a good understanding of current office software, data tools, and social media for enrollment purposes.
The candidate is required to be mobile and occasionally lift and/or move to 25 pounds.
Cambridge College - 8 months ago