Responsible for the overall management of daily operations for the intake and admissions department of Hospice. Promotes and sets standards for timely admission into the appropriate hospice or palliative care program within The Center for Hospice & Palliative Care. Provides clinical and administrative direction and support for the Intake Supervisor, clinical staff, and intake staff. This responsibility includes ensuring compliance with Hospice criteria and state and federal regulations as they apply to the Hospice program. Assures that the patients and families receive quality care in accordance with recognized standards of practice, Hospice criteria, policies and procedures, and both state and federal regulation. Acts as community liaison when dealing with patients, families, medical staff, and institutions for all referrals. Demonstrates the ability to increase referrals, the conversion rate of referrals, and the average length of stay for admitted patients.
- BSN required; Masters Degree in Nursing and/or Administration preferred.
- Current registration with the State of New York to practice as a Registered Professional Nurse.
- Management experience required with at least two (2) or more years of supervision preferred.
- Minimum of three to five years clinical nursing experience required.
- Must have a current NYS drivers license and a car available for use when on duty or on call.
Hospice Buffalo - 12 months ago