Director of Advancement
Exalt Education is a non-profit organization that provides dedicated educators with the professional tools, systems and supports to serve children and youth living in poverty conditions. To achieve its desired impact, Exalt has developed a research-based, best-practices academic design that can be replicated quickly and effectively.
Currently, there are over 31.0 million Americans ages birth to 18 who reside in low-income homes. The number of low-income children has been growing for over 15 years. Without higher quality, more scalable forms of public education, over half of these children are unlikely to obtain a high school diploma. Far fewer will earn a college degree. Exalt exists so that low-income children can close the achievement gap with their more affluent peers, compete for competitive colleges and advanced careers, and realize the American dream.
The Director of Advancement is responsible for managing institutional advancement to ensure that Exalt Education and the schools that it manages have adequate resources to fulfill their mission and have the desired impact. The Director also seeks to ensure that all members of the organization use the philanthropic resources with which they are entrusted as efficiently and effectively as possible.
Coordination of Strategic Planning
- Development & execution of yearly fundraising targets based upon requirements of 5-year strategic business plan.
- Outreach to strategic partners as needed to meet organizational goals.
- Development and execution of capital campaigns as needed.
Program Research & Management
- Manage startup, oversight and staffing of development program, including assessment of best practices.
- Research individual and institutional philanthropic opportunities – starting in Arkansas and Oregon.
- Develop and maintain contact database, communication log and tracking records.
- Manage strategy for initiating and cultivating strong relations with corporations, foundations institutions and individuals.
- Grant proposals, annual campaign solicitations and other communications.
- Fundraising events and activities (annual banquet, golf outings, etc.).
- Participate in Marketing and Branding Initiative and other organizational priorities to extent necessary to ensure strong alignment and support of organization’s development needs.
- Fulfill other duties as requested by the Chief Executive Officer.
- Unquestionable ethics and integrity
- Strong work ethic
- Polished, mature professional with excellent written and oral communication skills
- Collaborative but straightforward leadership style
- Comfortable working in fast-paced environment where adapting to rapid change is essential
- Minimum bachelor’s degree from very reputable postsecondary institution
- Strong institutional and individual philanthropic network in Arkansas and Mid-South Region of country
- Extremely diligent and detail-oriented with excellent organizational habits and follow-through
- Minimum 3-5 years development experience preferred
- Well researched knowledge of education including public charter schools and charter management organizations
- Experience hiring and managing employees and contractors preferable
- Comfortable with substantial autonomy in which to make decisions
Compensation & Benefits
- Very competitive salary and benefits.
- Non-profit organization based in Central Arkansas with aspiration of expanding regionally and nationally.
- Desire to be fulfilled by highly impactful work shaping the lives of children and youth living in poverty conditions.