Job Category: Marketing
Clinical Licensure Required : N/A
Job Type: Full Time Position Summary:
The Director of Advertising Media is directly responsible for the strategic planning, execution, analysis, and measurement of multi-channel communications campaigns inclusive of television, digital, mobile, and print. The Director is responsible for leading a team focused on attaining company objectives and driving profitable growth. The team is structured to focus on core business imperatives including the efficient delivery of weekly ad circulars, the continued expansion of a social media footprint, the acceleration of digital promotions, and the success of episodic marketing campaigns. The Director is instrumental in influencing senior company stakeholders relative to the effective use of communications channels in driving corporate success in a growing and evolving healthcare landscape.
Lead long-term strategic planning:
- Direct the development of all media to determine optimal spending/media mix to attain company objectives; drive profitable sales growth, traffic, new customer acquisition and brand loyalty/favorable brand opinion
- Direct the development of emerging media channels to gain a competitive advantage in the digital space, including digital advertising, paid search, social media
- Lead the integration of new media channels to existing media mix to maximize productivity of the advertising spend and increase visibility to target customers
- Direct the development of competitive intelligence & insights for use in strategic planning
- Review all activity for ROI and recommended changes to plan to improve ROI and key performance indicators
Direct short term implementation of strategic plans:
- Oversee broadcast and digital media strategy, planning and execution, including social, mobile, online media, SEM. Monitor competitive efforts and effect changes as needed
- Oversee media planning, buying and negotiations for placement of broadcast, and other media vehicles, contracts, broadcast agency activity, search and digital agency selection, supervision & contract negotiations.
- Day to day responsibility for managing traditional and digital agencies
- Collaborate with cvs.com, Marketing, Merchants, Operations, Marketing Intelligence, Promotional Planning and other internal key stakeholders to develop and implement tactics to support strategic vision
- Guide internal and external teams and staff in the implementation and execution of all related plans on a day-to-day basis
- Review and approves budgets and timetables
Direct the budgeting & forecasting of Broadcast/Digital budgets:
- Review all activity for ROI and recommended changes to plan to improve ROI
- Provide financial oversight and budget management of a $300 million budget, including monthly forecasts and recommendations
Lead an internal staff of 4 Sr. Managers and agency partners:
- Develop staffing plans to meet department/corporate needs in the planning & execution of all media activity
- Identify training and developmental needs for team, implement actions to fill those needs, take an active roll in developing staff
- Provide clear direction to staff and agency Required Qualifications:
- 12+ years of previous work related experience, 3+ years leading a team of 8-12 members - Proven strategic thinker with deep media (traditional and digital) experience. - Agency experience is critical, as well as retail experience - Strong hands-on digital experience, both strategic and a deep understanding of how it works - Solid understanding of trends and industry topics as it relates to marketing and media, and uses this knowledge to present business building strategies - Proven ability to work collaboratively and influence others, as this role interfaces with several functional areas across the organization - Proven ability to assess and understand customer needs, and use that information to develop media solutions to deliver desired business results. - Self-starter who can drive speed and innovation, especially in light of the evolving consumer and media landscape - Proven ability to make timely and informed decisions that balance analysis, experience, and intuition - Ability to manage and develop talent Preferred Qualifications:
- Agency side as well as client side experience Education:
- Bachelors degree required, Masters preferred Business Overview:
CVS Caremark, through our unmatched breadth of service offerings, is transforming the delivery of health care services in the U.S. We are an innovative, fast-growing company guided by values that focus on teamwork, integrity and respect for our colleagues and customers. What are we looking for in our colleagues? We seek fresh ideas, new perspectives, a diversity of experiences, and a dedication to service that will help us better meet the needs of the many people and businesses that rely on us each day.
As the nation’s largest pharmacy health care provider, we offer a wide range of exciting and fulfilling career opportunities across our three business units – MinuteClinic, pharmacy benefit management (PBM) and retail pharmacy. Our energetic and service-oriented colleagues work hard every day to make a positive difference in the lives of our customers.
Millions of times a day, close to home and across the country, we’re helping people on their path to better health.