Director of Alliances
Percona makes MySQL more valuable to customers and the community. Our MySQL Consulting, Support, Training, Remote DBA, and Server Development services as well as open source MySQL software help people achieve breakthrough results with MySQL.
Our MySQL Consulting and Support teams are in a class of their own. Our expertise is visible in our widely read MySQL Performance blog and our book High Performance MySQL. We also create and maintain the oldest independent version of the MySQL database server (Percona Server), the only open-source hot backup solution for MySQL (Percona XtraBackup), and many more uniquely valuable software tools such as Percona Toolkit for MySQL users.
Discover what it means to work with the smartest people in the industry, solving the most challenging problems our customers can dream up and throw at you. Work from home, with some required travel. Great benefits, flexible hours, and a chance to be part of a company that's changing the industry.
Percona is the oldest and largest independent MySQL support and consulting company with a global, 24x7 staff of nearly 100 serving more than 2,000 customers in 50+ countries since 2006.
This position is based in Raleigh/Durham, North Carolina - USA.
- Work with the Executive Management Team to develop a partner strategy that aligns with Percona's business strategy
- Build and develop a comprehensive portfolio of strategic and technical partnerships and alliances
- Build and manage a worldwide channel business
- Build and develop sponsorship and vendor relations
- Implement programs for reseller management and training
- Recruit and manage value-added resellers
- Manage the technical, marketing & sales enablement of recruited partners
- Work closely with regional sales management on the development and execution of a sales strategy
- Lead collaborative dialog to identify and prioritize new business opportunities
- Lead communications with internal managers for knowledge transfer, best practice sharing, enablement, improvements
- Coordination of activities and resources with both internal and external groups or departments
- Support for all activities conducted with the partner
- Development and maintenance of alliance processes and tools
- Manage alliance portfolio performance and KPI's
- Strategic alignment, development and design
- Partner value evaluation
- Corporate relationship management
- Project management
- Business negotiation
- Conflict resolution
- 12+ years of related industry experience
- 6+ years of total experience in relationship management
- Minimum of 4 years specifically devoted to alliances
- Remaining years’ requirement may include customer, supplier, channel, and partner experience
- MS/MBA highly desired
- BS/BA or equivalent minimum