The Director is the day-to-day administrator of AmeriCorps and 21st Century Grants awarded to NEOMED . These grants provide support to high school and undergraduate pipeline initiatives affiliated with the Northeast Ohio Medical University. The director is responsible for managing all aspects of the grant implementation. Frequent travel required.
Principal Functional Responsibilities
The Director provides general and day-to-day oversight and management of AmeriCorps and 21st Century Grants and their engagement with high school and undergraduate pipeline initiatives affiliated with the Northeast Ohio Medical University. Functional responsibilities include:
• Project oversight of AmeriCorps grants and 21st Century Grants
• Managing day to day operations on and off site in northeast Ohio
• Professional Development and project training for Teachers and Professionals for the Health Professions Affinity Community and 21st Century grant curriculum.
• Knowledge and experience writing and implementing 21st Century Grants
• Professional relationships with high schools and undergraduate educational programs located in northeast Ohio
• PhD in Educational Administration or related field
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience administrating federal grants
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in higher education administration
• Experience administrating grants from the Ohio Department of Education
• Grant writing experience
• Training and experience with K-12 curriculum
• Experience with high school and undergraduate curriculum alignment
Key Skills and Personal Characteristics
• Ability to collaborate with school districts, higher education institutions, families, and community members
• Excellent organizational skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills, written and verbal communications; including public relations skills.
• Utilize Microsoft Office Suite and other applicable software.
• Organizing information and projects and adhering to deadlines.
• Ability To: Work independently and as part of a team; Provide leadership and direction; and
Multi-task while managing multiple projects and assignments.
NEOMED - 16 months ago
copy to clipboard