Director of Analytics & Algorithms
Krux is looking for a hands-on leader for its Analytics and Algorithms team. As the leader of this group, you will be responsible for the delivery of the entire Predictive Analytics and Optimization components of the Krux Big Data platform.
We will give you Terabytes of data. Your mission will be to develop scalable algorithms that make sense of it and package and integrate them into Krux’s platform to drive cooler, faster, smarter consumer experiences on the web.
Nice-to-have Skills (or willingness to pick them up quickly)
- Experience with statistical software (ideally, R) or scientific computation software (e.g., Matlab)
- Programming experience with Java and/or Python
- Experience in designing and implementing modern statistical inference and machine learning techniques such as Bayesian Belief Networks, Boosting, Bayesian Regression, Support Vector Machines in non-academic, real-world settings
- Willingness to start your internal AA meetings at Krux with “My name is so-and-so, and I’m an analytaholic”
- Programming experience with Hadoop/Map-Reduce
- Online Advertising industry experience
- NoSQL technologies (HBase/Redis/etc.)
- M.S. or higher in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, or related field; you’re well-trained but not ideological regarding the specific techniques you studied with your favorite professor in grad school
- Practical, hands-on experience with modern Agile development methodologies (XP, Scrum, TDD)
- You take initiative and work in a self-motivated, self-directed environment
- You don’t just tolerate ambiguity – you relish it
- You like working in teams (divas need not apply)
- Ideally, you are someone who has just a written and launched a product or two in the market pretty much from scratch and are looking to do it again!
Krux Digital - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard
Krux delivers cloud-based consumer data solutions through a combination of Big Data and proprietary algorithms.
We make web pages faster...