Job Title: |
Director of Analytics
This position can be in either New York City, NY or Bridgewater, NJ
We help everyone act on their best intentions to protect their financial future for themselves and their loved ones.
We’re building a new business inside a 145-year old company creating infrastructure, systems, and procedures while at the same time managing the daily demands of a growing business.
This is not easy.
It requires solution-focused, figure-out-how-to-get-it-done people. Our schedules are packed; every day brings new and unexpected challenges. Our success is not assured we have to earn it.
A willingness to develop yourself and dig deep; to practice new skills and apply effective behaviors is required. If you love what you do and not just what you get for doing it, you’re in the right place.
None of this is easy... but it’s worth it.
The Direct-to-Consumer organization is seeking a passionate, team oriented leader to be the Director of Analytics. You will have a smart, passionate and dedicated team that leverages some of the best technologies and practices in the business. You will work in a group that has a vibe of a start-up but the stability of a 145 year-old company. Our organization has quadrupled its sales over the past 3 years, and increased our customer satisfaction score by 88% year-over-year. But this growth is not guaranteed, and we need smart, thick-skinned, figure out how to get it done type of people to continue on this trajectory.
We understand the importance data and analytics has on the success of our business. We’ve established a foundation of people and technologies that can effectively translate business needs into analytical frameworks and the insights into action. We work with one of the best Marketing Analytics agency’s in the world. We use techniques such as media mix optimization, segmentation, predictive modeling, and multivariate testing to optimize our business model.
As the leader of the Direct-to-Consumer Analytics team, you will lead a team of analytics professionals in the development of holistic customer profiles, business-driving analysis / insights & CRM targeting strategies. You will drive various advanced data modeling techniques to mine the data warehouse for the identification of trends that suggest new marketing & business opportunities and follow through with the recommendation of key strategies to leverage opportunities. You will also shape the landscape around the incorporation of advanced analytics throughout the organization and spearhead initiatives to instill the importance of data driven-decisions as a key component of success.
- Solve business problems by developing practical solutions through the application of quantitative methods.
- Apply statistical and data mining techniques for segmentation, modeling, validation, optimization..etc.
- Identify profitable prospects/customers and focus marketing/service efforts on them.
- Combine market intelligence with product economics and customer elasticity to inform pricing decisions.
- Lead process improvements within analytics, challenging existing processes where needed
- Define, measure and communicate KPIs for our consumer segments and provide actionable insights related to customer behavior, marketing/campaign performance, customer satisfaction..etc.
- Provide leadership and leverage predictive modeling, data mining, and analytic skills to solve business problems and create an analytic strategy.
- Translate high-level or operational business needs into appropriate intermediate or complex actionable analyses
- 10+ years of work experience in the insurance or financial services industry
- 7+ years of experience in managing teams of analysts, data miners, statisticians
- Bachelor or Masters degree in Statistics, Economic or related field
- Hands-on data mining and predictive modeling experience using SAS or SPSS
- Strong analytical skills to draw meaningful conclusions from data and to make sound businesses decisions taking prudent business risks based on all available information
- In-depth knowledge customer segmentation and customer data management
- Demonstrated effectiveness in managing, leading and inspiring people
- Exceptional collaboration and influencing skills
- Demonstrated ability to partner cross-functionally to deliver results
- Comfortable in a competitive, high-performance environment
Number of Openings
Equal Employment Opportunity
MetLife is proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We are committed to attracting, retaining and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce.
How To Apply
For immediate consideration, click on the Apply Now button below. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile which may take 15 – 20 minutes to complete. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
MetLife - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard -
The breadth of careers at MetLife offers unlimited possibilities for your professional life. More than life insurance. Much more. MetLife is...