The Director of Application Development will be responsible for creating and implementing the development strategy for LocalEdge. Reporting to the VP of Information Technology, the Director of Application Development will be responsible for providing leadership and management to the execution, definition, and strategy of enterprise level technology projects. In a fast-paced environment, the Director of Application Development will manage the demanding challenges of multiple software development projects and for implementing new products as well as supporting existing products and tool sets.
• Create and implement development plan and strategy
• Responsible for managing the teams to ensure that the scoping, planning, executing, and monitoring process for all projects is sound - to keep projects on schedule and on budget
• Establish software development processes and metrics that measure and improve team performance
• Maintain, improve and optimize internal software development process. Establish a Process Framework for all Development enhancements, new projects, & support issues.
• Responsible for developing and maintaining standards for project planning and all application and systems documentation. Ensuring that plans and documentation are kept up to date at all times.
• Responsible for working with the team to design applications, create reasonable timelines, allocate work to Application Development Managers.
• Work with the Internet Department to coordinate project release cycles, documentation, and training of personnel.
• Manage and supervise the QA team. Ensure adherence to consistent processes, standards, and total quality practices.
• Manage and supervise the Database Administration functions.
• Manage all day-to-day personnel issues & hiring of the development team. Evaluate all options in terms of obtaining additional development resources.
• Oversees Application Development Managers and their assigned projects.
• Responsible for managing and designing integrations with other partners/vendors.
• Responsible for reviewing technology provided by other partners/vendors as needed.
• Conduct regular status meetings with the development teams.
• Conduct performance evaluation and reviews.
• Effectively manages all projects assigned by manager.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
CS Degree is required, Master’s degree preferred. Computer programming background is required. Must have minimum of 5 years of technical management experience. Experience in Agile methodologies and supporting techniques, preferred.
Proven management and leadership capabilities. Proven ability to motivate a diverse development team. Strong verbal communications skills and demonstrated ability to write clearly. High energy, positive, “can-do” attitude, flexibility, teamwork, and attention to detail; high degree of initiative. Proven track record of achieving results.
We are proud to be an EEO employer. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
LocalEdge, Inc. - 10 months ago