The Director of Assessment will play a critical role in improving the effectiveness of Rosetta Stone’s core products as we very quickly evolve away from our traditional format and content (CD and language learning), to more modern forms of distribution (cloud-based, adaptive content delivery to iOS, Android and HTML5). We are committed to delighting our customers with great products, rich features and rock solid performance and quality. We are therefore looking for a stellar candidate who will help increase the effectiveness of our Language Learning product suite by introducing reliable and valid assessments at key points in the curriculum.
You will be responsible for all assessments across Rosetta Stone Language Learning products. You will lead efforts to identify critical areas where evaluation is needed. You will also oversee the creation, validation, and incorporation of a variety of placement, proficiency, and specific linguistic knowledge assessments. As a result of your efforts, we will be able to reliably measure student progress, continuously improve our curriculum, and optimize the student learning experience. You will work closely with other members of the product team to implement adaptive content frameworks and other cutting-edge technological learning solutions.
We don't expect you to know all the answers and plan to give you some exciting opportunities to learn. Come join us and help us build better products enabling greater functionality, capabilities, scalability, higher quality, higher customization, higher performance, and lower cost; all for a better customer experience.
If you are interested in joining a world-class team of passionate people and industry veterans who like to work hard and play hard, we look forward to hearing from you soon!
The position is full-time and can be based in our DC, San Francisco, Austin or Boulder offices. We will offer relocation assistance to the successful candidate.
- Identify target areas for student assessment implementation across the Rosetta Stone language-learning product suite.
- Oversee the design and the full cycle of development, from test specification to validation, for all specific placement, proficiency, and specific linguistic knowledge tests.
- Recruit, train, and supervise a team of item writers, reviewers, and other staff.
- Design and oversee validity, reliability, benchmarking, and concordance studies.
- Collaboratively bake strategically placed assessments and other metrics into the curriculum.
- Continuously improve reliability and validity of assessments.
- Collaboratively implement A/B testing, factorial designs, and experimental methodology to evaluate and improve content effectiveness.
- Collaboratively improve the delivery of personalized, adaptive learning content to students.
- Empirically demonstrate curriculum effectiveness.
The Successful Candidate Will Demonstrate:
- Ability to create assessments in an e-learning curriculum in order to facilitate personalized, effective language learning experiences.
- Knowledge of domestic and international language testing standards and frameworks (such as ACTFL, CEFR, TOEFL, TOEIC, etc.)
- Adeptness with technology; ability to quickly master new software and systems.
- Strong spoken and written communications skills.
- Expert knowledge in experimental research design and analysis.
- Expert statistical knowledge.
- Ability to communicate technical/statistical findings to general and business audiences.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired.
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and do whatever is necessary; general manager / owner mentality.
- Demonstrated ability to dive deep in understanding the product, our business, and the competitive landscape.
- Willingness to travel.
- Advanced degree in educational measurement, applied statistics, cognitive or quantitative psychology, or related field.
- 5-10 years experience in language assessment industry with increasing responsibilities.
- Knowledge of speech recognition technology
- Experience in the design of e-learning products
- Proficiency in a language other than English.
Rosetta Stone is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws.
San Fransico, CA
San Fransico, California
Rosetta Stone - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Everything we do at Rosetta Stone revolves around a simple idea: learning a language should be fun, easy and effective.