Walter P Moore has an immediate opening for an experienced, proactive, and energetic lead engineer in the Bridge Design field with the requisite skills set to join this fast-paced group of consulting engineers, preferably in the Dallas location. In addition to the skills listed below, this individual will possess a strong “can-do” customer service attitude.
· PE in Texas required
· Minimum B.S. in Civil Engineering (M.S. with structural emphasis preferred)
· 12+ years relevant experience
· Experience leading a team of engineers and technicians in the performance of bridge and structural related projects
· Sound technical design background
· Experience on TxDOT Bridge and Interchange projects
· Hold current TxDOT Pre-certifications in Major and Minor Bridge Categories. Exotic Bridge and Multi-Level Interchange Design a plus.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Walter P Moore has an immediate opening for a Senior Bridge Engineer to lead all bridge design operations in the Transportation Engineering Services Group. Dallas office location is preferred; however, our Houston location will be considered.
In this role, the individual will be responsible for the planning, design and completion of bridge and other transportation structural-related projects, including maintaining client relationships, performing and leading the group in the structural analysis and design of its current transportation bridge projects, providing leadership to the group of engineers and technicians, and working with senior leadership to provide business development in our key markets. The qualified candidate should have experience in management of engineers and technicians in a bridge design section, including screening and selection, assessing and recommending staff training and development, and evaluating staff performance.
Qualified candidates should possess leadership and management skills, be experienced in preparation of reports, plans, specifications, and estimates for bridge construction, and should be experienced in or have a desire to be involved in the business development activities of the group with support from senior leaders.
Additional requirements and position responsibilities include:
· Sound knowledge of bridge analysis and design software, including LUSAS, MDX, PGSuper, PSTRS14, CAP18, LPile, and MathCad
· Thorough knowledge of AASHTO LRFD and Standard Specifications, and TxDOT Bridge Design practices and specifications
· Working knowledge and understanding of current design codes and standards
· Knowledge in the development of construction documents, plans, specifications, and estimates
· Experience in development and design of major highway transportation projects
· Experience with or understanding of AutoCAD, Microstation, and Microsoft Office
· Experience in personnel management, budgeting and scheduling
· Good communication and organizational skills, especially technical writing
Walter P Moore is an equal opportunity employer and provides all of its employees with a competitive compensation and benefits package and career growth and development.
To apply, please complete the online application that begins here.
WALTER P MOORE - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard