s Aid Society (CAS) Division of Child Welfare and Family Services seeks a dynamic, experienced manager to join the leadership team to manage and help lead the financial operation of a large $35 million service Division. Reporting directly to the Vice President for Child Welfare and Family Services, the Director of Budget and Fiscal Operations will be responsible for budget planning and monitoring, and fiscal management for the Division, and will be the primary liaison to public funders. The Director will work closely with the agency’s central fiscal office and other CAS divisions, where appropriate.
Organization and Division Overview:
The mission of Children’s Aid is to help children in poverty to succeed and thrive. We do this by providing comprehensive supports to children and their families in targeted high-needs New York City neighborhoods.
The Child Welfare and Family Services Division ensures the safety and well-being of children born into poverty and works with families to develop and sustain stable and self-sufficient households. We do this by providing legal and housing advocacy; proven, home-based services for families at risk of losing their children to foster care; and specialized support for young adults at risk of disconnection from society. We also find high-quality, loving homes for children placed in foster care, and provide individualized services to parents seeking to reunify with their children. The Division operates the following programs: Foster Care and Adoption (including Medical Foster Care and Treatment Family Foster Care), Preventive and Intensive Preventive services (including Functional Family Therapy, Multi-Dimensional Family Therapy and Muti-systemic Therapy), Family Wellness, Client Advocacy, Family Rewards, Homemaking, and services for Disconnected Youth (including the Next Generation Center). These programs are spread across Manhattan, the Bronx, Brooklyn and Staten Island.
The Director of Budget and Fiscal Operations will work with the Vice President for Child Welfare and Family Services, and Deputy Division Directors to ensure the strategic development and management of program budgets and fiscal operations. She or he will also work with the CAS central Fiscal Office to ensure that Division budgets and fiscal operations function effectively and meet agency goals and standards.
Key responsibilities include:
Strategically Develop and Manage Budgets of $35 million Division
• Work with Vice President of Child Welfare and Family Services, Deputy Division Directors and CAS central Fiscal Office to develop and manage program budgets and build revenue projections.
• Prepare consolidated Division quarterly reports and year-end fiscal reports.
• Assist in planning for and responding to Requests for Proposals (RFPs), both public and private, for Division.
• Work to identify opportunities for revenue maximization across the Division.
• Work on forecasting of grant revenues and identification of reducing funding streams.
• Provide strategic and timely advice to Deputy Division Directors and other Program Directors that support the day to day functioning of programs and enables them to make responsible and informed decisions about program expenditures.
• Coordinate and provide fiscal compliance training where necessary.
Assess, Streamline and Manage Financial Operations
• Review, analyze and redesign, where necessary, all program and cross-Division fiscal systems and financial operations to facilitate and sustain efficiency.
• Prepare and/or approve purchase orders, requisitions and salary allocations.
Ensure Budget and Contract Compliance with Funders
• Serve as primary liaison and contact person to public funding agencies and ensure compliance with all contractual fiscal requirements.
• Analyze and monitor grants spending, project start-up costs and program close out costs.
• Monitor expense accuracy and appropriate coding.
• Complete all required fiscal reporting timely and accurately.
Coordinate with CAS Central Fiscal Office
• Serve as primary Division liaison to CAS central fiscal office and be responsible for ensuring that Division fiscal operations comply with agency standards and expectations.
• Collaborate on efforts toward system upgrades and communication of system and fiscal policy enhancements.
• Respond to audit inquiries and process.
• Track, monitor and report on all consolidated revenue and expenses.
• Report contract budget modifications and pending proposals.
The successful candidate will:
• Have demonstrated ability to develop and monitor budgets in complex funding environments.
• Have significant experience developing and managing government and foundation funded budgets strategically.
• Excel at packaging and communicating complex financial information so that it is useful to diverse audiences.
• Masters Degree in Business Administration, Public Administration or related field.
• Five years of budget development and management experience in government or a non-profit, preferably in child welfare or other social service.
• Knowledge of child welfare funding a plus.
Please upload a cover letter and resume below:
Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted
Find out more about Children's Aid College Prep here!:
Hours per Week:
Full or Part Time:
Salary or Hourly:
College Prep Charter School