Zillow is looking for an exceptional leader for our growing business analytics team. You will lead a brilliant team of analysts and developers responsible for harnessing terabytes of data to deliver actionable insights to drive our strategy and business.
Reporting to the vice president of product management and strategy, you will tackle some of Zillow’s highest priority problems. You will collaborate closely with product management, engineering, marketing, sales and finance to contribute to key areas across the company including product, customer acquisition, customer insights, monetization and operations.
We are looking for someone with a blend of technical skills, business savvy and creativity, who is excited to work with and mentor smart people to figure out innovative ways to unlock impactful insights from mountains of data. Data and analytics are the lifeblood flowing through our product and company so this is a critical senior role with great exposure and growth opportunities.
- Partner with product management, engineering, marketing, sales and finance to design, develop and implement analytics solutions to be used across the company and by external partners
- Lead and mentor a growing team of talented analytics professionals
- Analyze large, complex datasets to drive actionable insights, recommendations and PR stories
- Develop algorithms to optimize pricing, advertising spend, sales activity and other complex business problems
- Define, track and disseminate key business metrics including via automated dashboards and visualizations
- Develop technology roadmap and experiment with new technologies to solve business needs
- Excellent data, analytic & problem-solving skills – ability to translate data into actionable insights which can be easily understood by internal and external partners
- Passion for and track record in applying sophisticated analytics to solve complex business problems
- BS/MS in a quantitative, technical field (Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Economics etc) from a top tier university required, PhD a plus
- Strong knowledge of classical and modern statistical methods, including statistical machine learning tools (e.g., general additive models, tree models, boosting)
- Expertise in using a high level statistics packages (R or SAS)
- Proficient in Excel and SQL (preferably MS SQL)
- Experience with data mining, Big Data (Hadoop etc) and data visualization (Tableau etc) a plus
- Track record of successful leadership and management of high performance teams
- Strong presentation, communication and interpersonal skills
- Overall, a highly driven, results-orientated, creative, intellectually curious, nimble problem solver, who uses technical dataexcellence and whatever it takes to deliver business value rapidly
Zillow.com - 2 years ago