In a market largely untapped, though growing at an astounding rate, MobileNow is the newest mobile application management (MAM) solution built from the ground up to solve issues such as bring you own device (BYOD). Mobile applications are a critical part of any mobile solution so it’s also critical to ensure that MobileNow works with the applications businesses use today.
The Director of Business Development, Mobile App Ecosystem i s responsible for recruiting and working with mobile application partners in the iOS and Android ecosystem, ensuring that their applications work with MobileNow, developing programs to easily onboard new app partners, developing mutually beneficial Go To Market (GTM) plans and promoting them via our web and sales channels.
- Identify recruit and drive application partners to support MobileNow
- Work in conjunction with MobileNow development team to broker and solve any app partner development questions or bugs
- Build strong and regular business relationships with key app partners
- Develop program to respond to app partner interest and rapidly onboard in a breadth manner
- Create field awareness of new app partnerships as they occur
- Identify and assess potential opportunities & overlaps – business / technical
- Understand app partner roadmaps and impact to AppSense
- Work closely with AppSense technology leadership to hone technology alignment
Owns the joint business plan between AppSense and key app partners as necessary
Owns recruitment of new app partners, both core and niche
Ensures that new app partner support is well communicated to the market and that app partners see value from the relationship
Creates demand and excitement to be part of the MobileNow app ecosystem with significant mutual value
Experience - Knowledge Required & Qualifications:
- Mobile Experience - Good business (and potentially marketing) experience in the mobile application space, understands mobile management technologies and current direction of industry
- Relationship Skills – Must have the ability to communicate with multiple levels of our mobile application partners. Must be able to foster relationships quickly and multiple in parallel with other partners.
- Communication Skills - Must have excellent written skills in the form (especially) of email, but must also understand the importance and effectiveness of picking up the phone or meeting someone face-to-face.
- Extensive business development experience
- Is naturally enthusiastic & inspires others. Must be able to inspire and motivate app partnerships.
- Emotionally Mature - and understands own
strengths and weaknesses, has professional standards with regard to personal
accountability, and integrity
- Disciplined and effective - excellent written, presentation and verbal skills; can run multiple projects simultaneously; can work and make decisions independently; in parallel; can focus on details where necessary; meets deadlines, has the ability to achieve and maintain expected productivity levels
- Strong judgment skills - Ability to quickly understand the drivers and key aspects of a technology / market area; applies broad knowledge and is able to think outside the box
- Partner Value – Must be adept in positioning the joint value proposition to an app partner, in effect selling the value of what we provide to an end customer and what that means in opportunity to the app partner
- Is flexible - Ability to work effectively as member or leader of virtual teams where membership may be across multiple organizations and geographies;
- Strong organizational skills – must be able to manage multiple programs and tasks without fail.