AWST is seeking a dynamic candidate to fill the Director of Business Development position. The role is a senior management position responsible for the BD discipline as well as the overall company mission. This position shall oversee global business development, brand management and sales activities and coordinate with sales teams positioned in other offices. As the leader of the Business Development team, the successful candidate will be responsible for building, maturing and executing the expansion of consulting service and information service competencies to new and existing customers, building and qualifying a pipeline of focused opportunities with strong probability of winning business, and building long term client relationships. The candidate will lead cross-functional teams of business development, marketing, proposal development, and customer relations.
- Manage simultaneous BD activities (e.g., bids and proposals, strategic vendor relationships, and strategic teaming agreements) and all aspects of qualifying, teaming, and positioning for opportunity pursuits. Develop and execute business plans that meet business performance targets including revenue and net profit for target markets. Coordinate sales and marketing activities with BD staff and strategic partners positioned in other countries.
- Lead cross-functional capture and business development teams with strong organization management skills, and ability to operate independently
- Develop new market initiatives, assess new markets, analyze business opportunities, and drive the sales process in target regions and increase market share
- Perform in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment
- Strong interpersonal and platform skills
- Demonstrated acumen with renewable energy and information and consulting services
- Think strategically and tactically both short- and long-term relative to customer and industry in the global marketplace
- A demonstrated network of industry contacts and a track record of closing commercial business partnerships / deals and successful relationship building
- Demonstrates strong character and business ethics
- Experience managing a P&L and management staff
- Proven experience training and leading a goal driven sales team that boasts satisfied, new and repeat customers
- Positive ambassador of the company, its vision, mission and goals
- Experience with successful commission plan development and structure
- 10+ years of sales or business development experience
- Bachelor degree in business administration, engineering, computing or physical science, or MBA
- Effective management and strategy experience
- Renewable energy experience preferred
- Ability to work in an office environment at least 8 hours per day
- Ability to work non-conventional work day, e.g. morning / evening programs, office requirements. Ability to travel internationally and attend off-site events in relation to job responsibilities.
- Ability to use computers for work, including text documents, email, spreadsheets, Internet research. Familiarity with ERP and CRM platforms.
- Communication skills sufficient to conduct regular business activities as defined in the position responsibilities. Second language a plus.
Truepower is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the
basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, age, sexual orientation, national
origin, disability, marital status, military status, genetic predisposition, or
any other basis protected by law.
AWS Truepower - 13 months ago
Bright Horizons Family Solutions
Bright Horizons Family Solutions
- 5 days ago
Director of Operations
Restaurant Management Search
- 4 hours ago
Director of Sales
- 9 days ago