The Director of Business Development (DBD), will be responsible for the generation of new sales in the Multinational and Allied Partners Segment which includes global and multi-national customers which specialize in accounts with $8M - $50M in air volume.
The candidate must have a proven track record in large market and multi-national sales, and demonstrate thought leadership, strategic thinking, global perspective, business maturity, and personal leadership to role.
Individuals will also need to project a strong presence when operating with “C” levels executives both internal and external.
Additionally, the Director of Business Development will be able to articulate an excellent understanding of products, services and technology, and possess the ability to navigate complex layers of stakeholders in order to drive results.
The Director of Business Development must be able to project a strong presence when operating with “C” levels executives both internally and externally.
Additionally, the Director of Business Development will set the strategic direction for bids and participate in key customer strategy & negotiations that will yield top-line growth for Corporate Travel Sales along with driving the sales cycle.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditionedupon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject toapplicable laws and regulations.
Qualifications • Proven track record in sales negotiations and closing skills with global and multi-national corporations
American Express is an equal opportunity employer andmakes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex,national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any otherstatus protected by law.
- Minimum 5+ years experience selling into enterprise clients
- Requires exceptional thought leadership and strategic thinking skills, the ability to drive results, and the ability to identify and execute complex bids
- Previous experience selling to senior levels (C-level andprocurement) of prospect/client companies
- Ability to develop innovative solutions that are totally tailored to meet long term customer needs
- Ability to navigate global complexity and ambiguity over the long term in order to achieve outstanding results
- Experience with complex global strategy development sales planning and execution
- Intimate understanding of new strategic approach to business travel
- Thorough knowledge of consultative selling techniques within complex product lines and services
- Strong financial acumen
- Must possess exceptional presentation and negotiation skills
- Strong collaboration skills
- Ability to travel frequently both domestically and globally is required Position will cover a large territory and candidates mustreside within the Mid-West and Southwest region in order to be considered forthis opportunity. Candidate needs to be located in either Midwest or Southwestof the U.S.
Click here to view the“ EEO is the Law ”poster.
If the link does not work, please copy and paste the following URLin a new browser window: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
We’re a company of inclusion—built on service, secured by trust and driven by forward thinking. For more than 160 years,...