Henkels & McCoy, Inc., one of the largest privately held international utility contracting firms with offices in 80 locations and celebrating 90 years of operations, is currently seeking a Director of Business Development (DBD).
The DBD is responsible for developing and closing contracts in our West Region.
It is expected that the DBD will participate as the lead team member to develop and implement a tactical plan to contact and mine target organizations for the purpose of finding project and program opportunities where H&M adds value. The DBD will be responsible for the development and maintenance of long-standing relationships with key decision-makers and decision-influencers within these target organizations. Detailed research of potential customer organizations will also be a major function of this position. Although sales-calls and initial individual sales meetings will be the primary tool for interfacing with potential customers, when necessary, the DBD may be required to accompany other sales or operations personnel on customer site visits. The DBD will be required to keep detailed records of customer contacts and project activities within a database tool (Salesforce) and aggressively disseminate this vital market information to appropriate operations teams.
Major Job Elements
• Work with Regional VP, Operations VP and Line of Business Directors to develop and implement a tactical plan to contact, penetrate, map, and mine potential customer organizations
• Achieve target sales quotas as developed by senior regional management.
• Gain, foster, and maintain a proactive relationship with key contacts and emerging decision-influencers with West Region customers
• Establish face to face meetings, discussions and opportunity development with existing and potential West Region customers
• When necessary, participate on operations teams as needed to provide critical account intelligence and proposal support.
• Support proposal team efforts on select accounts or opportunities
• Provide key information and approach strategies to H&M operations and management personnel regarding select customers through regular briefings.
• Maintain an up-to-date, detailed customer database including discussion topics, action plans, follow-up requirements, and schedules
• Represent West Region in all corporate sales & marketing functions
• Provide weekly summary status and future activity calendar
• Provide monthly and yearly project forecasts, including revenue and field margin information, project probability, and scheduling
• Support Yearly Business Plan development for select lines of business
• Execute monthly meetings with RVP, OVP and respective Line of Business Directors to review activities and results.
Supervisory Responsibilities This position will have the potential to manage others.
Experience and Skill Sets
• 10+ years proven sales/marketing experience in an outside field sales position or other customer service oriented experience required.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Marketing, Engineering, or Computer Science preferred.
• Must have B2B Business Development experience.
• Must have experience in the construction industry.
• Strong organizational and communications skills coupled with a team building attitude are required.
• Ability to travel throughout this multi-state region, as necessary, is required.
Henkels & McCoy, Inc is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
Henkels & McCoy, Inc. (H&M) is a leading utility construction firm providing critical infrastructure for the Power, Communications,...