Director of Business Development
Please go to our career webpage to apply for this position:
At PlumChoice, our team is revolutionizing the technology services industry. We are delivering more efficient, responsive and innovative technology solutions for our clients' business to succeed. We value innovation, initiative and a collaborative style, and are looking for highly talented people who want to join an exciting high-growth company and be part of building the future.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
This is a highly visible individual contributor senior role with responsibility for supporting the company's growth plans and conveying the company's capabilities to key prospects. This person will work closely with the VP of Sales and the complete Executive Team in pursuing highly targeted valued prospects. The ability to interact with high-level executives within prospect accounts and network appropriately with decision makers and influencers is critical.
The person in this role is tasked with the development of new accounts. The offering is premium technology services solutions including both premium technology support services and support automation software.
They must identify and drive opportunities through the business acquisition process from identification to award. Working from a combination of new leads and named account targets the person must be able to qualify and close opportunities that meet both short and long term growth plans. Vertical targets include Service Providers (Telco and Cable), OEM, Retail and ISV’s.
Support will be provided through the product and marketing organization (RFP responses, customized presentations, value propositions) and through subject matter experts in the product, operations and project management organizations. Complex, consultative sales cycles are the norm.
- Prioritize plans and actions with logical and organized approach for go-to-market strategy
- Establish and build new customer relationships through prospecting activities and warm-leads in a targeted environment
- Establish, schedule and execute key customer meetings with various company representatives
- Respond, with team members, to RFI’s and RFP’s
- Sign prospects to fit the company’s short and long term strategy
- Be accountable for achieving all sales revenue goals
- Ability to analyze customer budgets, requirements and trends from an outsourced service provider perspective with a focus on obtaining new business
- Create virtual teams within PlumChoice (operations, marketing, product, development) to pursue strategic opportunities
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to establish and develop relationships with senior decision makers
- 10+ years of experience in progressively more responsible sales positions with a history of exceeding targeted sales revenue objectives. A Director of Sales, managing a team today, who would like to be an individual contributor, is an ideal candidate
- Proven sales hunter with strong motivation to develop new business and close effectively
- A measurable, highly successful level of experience with a verifiable W-2 compensation history
- Entrepreneurial drive and track record of personal initiative and professional growth; creativity and tenacity in the face of challenges
- Excellent presentation and negotiation skills; craft logical arguments and deliver them convincingly
- Experience in strategic, complex sales cycles with large corporations
- Experience in some sales disciplines and methodologies (TAS, Spin Selling, Sandler, etc.)
- Experience with selling multiple-year contracts for intangible services is a plus (SaaS, outsourced services, call center services, custom development, etc.)
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- Experience in selling to large corporations including Telco, Cable, OEM, Retail or large Application Software companies a plus
- Established senior-level contacts in these verticals a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business Management, or a technical discipline.
ONLY LOCAL CANDIDATES WILL BE CONSIDERED.
ADA DISCLAIMER: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.