Schafer Corporation is a scientific and engineering company providing solutions to mission critical challenges in national security, information technology, and communications. We offer a broad array of innovative products and services to address our customers' most complex technology-related needs and provide integrated solutions that advance technology and improve operations. We understand our customer's challenges and work hard to deliver effective results.
Schafer is seeking a Director of Business Development to collaborate in the planning and direction of the marketing of products and services to support sales and revenue objectives. This position will be an integral driver in the continued growth of our company and will report directly to the Senior Vice President of Strategic Business Development.
- Direct activities associated with qualifying opportunities, positioning and capturing new business aligned with Homeland Security, CWMD, Engineering Solutions, and Software Development.
- Manage corporate pipeline, coordinating efforts across the Corporation in various stages of the capture process.
- Demonstrated understanding of Deltek CRM software and GovWin
- Manage simultaneous BD activities (e.g., bids and proposals, strategic vendor relationships, and strategic teaming agreements).
- Develops win themes, win strategies, and value propositions.
- Performs price to win (PTW) analysis and establishes the PTW
- Understanding of Government and Civilian Agencies communities to include DHS, DoD, DTRA, MDA, NASA, Army, Navy, Air Force, and VA.
- Demonstrated knowledge of US government procurement practices to meet sales objectives.
- Demonstrates verbal ability in business discussions and gate reviews. Prepare cogent pre-qualification gate review documentation.
- Successfully manage all aspects of qualifying, teaming, and positioning.
- Has a demonstrated aptitude for developing and managing customer relationships, implementing solid customer call plans, and monitoring contracting information through a variety of business development websites as well as continuous interaction with Contracting Department personnel.
- Responsible for documenting lessons learned during the capture process and providing these lessons learned to the proposal manager.
- BS/BA required
- MBA/MS desired, or equivalent
- 10 years experience business development, capture management and proposal writing.
- Successfully support multiple business Groups.
- Experience Directing staff of 3 or more.
- Strong knowledge of Federal business acquisition process and the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR).
- Proven ability to form and lead teams.
- Proven leadership, strong organization management skills, and ability to operate independently.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including use of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to track and monitor documents from inception to production
- Demonstrated background of high win rate achievement.
- Dynamic interpersonal skills to interact with all levels of management.
- Ability to coordinate off-site subcontractors and proposal team.
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment.
- Demonstrated experience in the "storyboarding" process.
- Ability to successfully execute many complex tasks simultaneously.
- Completion of Shipley or similar training in writing winning proposals and managing winning proposals.
- Able to obtain and maintain a SECRET security clearance
Schafer does not accept unsolicited agency resumes.
Only those candidates invited to interview will be contacted. No telephone calls please.
Schafer Corporation is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer.
Schafer Corporation is a scientific, engineering and operational support organization providing high-end technical solutions to mission...