SocialChorus is the leading social word-of-mouth marketing solution for the brands that people love. SocialChorus customers, including dozens of Fortune 500 brands, inspire social advocates to deliver millions of trusted, social endorsements across all social channels.
It's a great time to join SocialChorus. We have proven that 2-5% of a brand’s social audience generates most of the social engagement, endorsement and referral; our solution powers those superfans to make it happen. Over 30 Fortune 500 brands have already implemented SocialChorus-powered marketing programs.
We are leveraging the power of word-of-mouth with the scale and efficiency of the cloud, to deliver social ROI for our customers. We build and deliver everything with our amazing development and solution teams in San Francisco. We're far enough along to be a real company and early enough to be interesting (post Series-A, pre-Series B funding). We are backed by Kohlberg Ventures and relied on by brands like 3M, Intel, HTC and many others.
The Director of Business Development will help to accelerate customer acquisition, success, and retention through the development of strategic relationships with advertising agencies and other resellers.
The successful candidate will help identify, assess, and sign high-potential partners, build a strategic plan that prioritizes the opportunities and manage partnership development that directly contributes to growth targets. The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of leading enterprise technology companies, a track record of prioritizing and executing on game-changing partnerships and excellent communication skills.
The Director of Business Development will be responsible for the following:
- Identify opportunities to drive top-line revenue across all partnerships.
- Develop and own the strategic plan for the business development function.
- Socialize objectives internally to build consensus and support across functional teams to gather the necessary resources to make these relationships a success.
- Manage a pipeline of relationships and provide regular updates to the executive team on the progress and expected impact on customer acquisition and revenue growth targets.
- 5+ years of successful enterprise sales
- 5+ years of business development experience
- Working knowledge of social media marketing
- Direct or alliance sales experience selling enterprise solutions
- Exceptional communication, presentation and negotiation skills
- Self-starter with great time management skills
- Able to develop and nurture key relationships with executives and sales teams
- Must execute program objectives both as a thought leader and individual contributor in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Willingness to travel
This is a full-time, salaried position offering stock options, paid vacation, and benefits: medical, dental and 401k. You'll be working onsite at our office in San Francisco, CA. We actively promote diversity and encourage all qualified candidates to apply. If you've got questions or want tell a corny joke, please send us an email.