Tully Rinckey PLLC, a successful full-service law firm with offices throughout New York State and metropolitan Washington, DC is seeking a Director of Business Development to join our team. This is an opportunity to join one of the fastest growing law firms in the country (rated by INC Magazine). The firm has also been recognized as Best Places to Work by the Albany, NY and Washington, DC Business Journals.
The Director of Business Development is responsible for overseeing and accelerating growth of the firm by managing all marketing, public relations and business development initiatives. This position will oversee large-scale business development efforts to include procurement of institutional (B2B) clients that will result in profitable, long term relationships. Business development duties will include the creation and implementation of strategies that will lead to new business capture. The Director of Business Development will also manage and oversee all firm advertising, marketing and public relations to include personnel and management within various divisions.
This candidate will be responsible for generating new business revenue directly attributable to his or her efforts and managing employees that have aggressive goals. This position will report directly to the firm’s Chief of Operations.
- Identify, administer and oversee successful, strategic, revenue generating business development and marketing efforts.
- Develop strategic business development plans.
- Identify, procure, oversee and present responses to legal services RFP’s marketing the firm’s practice areas.
- Client acquisition/retention strategy development and tactical planning.
- Strategically oversee and implement attorney, practice group and firm wide business development strategy and activity.
- Oversee marketing management and successful accomplishment short, medium and long term goals.
- Energetic and proactive leadership style;
- Success minded individual with experience coaching and mentoring C level executives or attorneys;
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills. Advanced presentation and public speaking skills;
- Strong communication skills and excellent analytical, organizational, workflow, and problem-solving skills;
- Able to analyze opportunities and solicitations and appropriately assess their value to the firm, resource requirements, and budgets;
- Able to cultivate solid, productive working relationships with internal managers, staff, and peers as well as partners and consultants and facilitate collaboration towards innovative solutions;
- Exceptional relationship building skills; and
- Able to deliver results and execute independently with minimal direction;
Benefits include 401(k), medical and voluntary dental, life, and LTD insurance.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field; MBA strongly preferred;
- Over 5 years of experience in a successful business development management level role in the legal services market with a proven track record of success identifying and procuring new business revenue results;
- Understanding of the legal market and opportunities within the industry on a local, state and national level;
- Extensive business development or sales experience, including research, strategy and procurement; and
- Experience in a professional services or business-to-business environment, legal industry preferred but not required.
Please submit your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements for consideration.
Tully Rinckey PLLC - 9 months ago