Richard Bland College of William & Mary in Virginia seeks a Director of Business Intelligence and Institutional Reporting who will be responsible for establishing and sustaining a data/ metrics driven business intelligence and reporting platform. This Director will be responsible for bridging the data-gap by extracting and generating institutional reports and developing institutional dashboards in support of day to day operations and metrics to measure and trend alignment with the goals of Strategic Plan 2019 (SP-19). The Department shall provide reports and analytics that
1) support the recruitment and retention of students;
2) aligns with the teaching, living and learning objectives of SP-19;
3) supports development of new initiatives with flexibility; and
4) delivers analytics that drive efficiency and effectiveness of administrative and academic operations while decreasing operating costs, as set out as a priority in SP-19. The Director of Business Intelligence and Institutional Reporting will report to the Chief Information Officer and will be a key player in advising with the management of the College's resources and operations. The successful candidate:
1. Develops and executes Business Intelligence (data warehouse, data marts, operational data stores, and reporting delivery) plans and strategies in close collaboration with academic and administrative teams including executive management.
2. Ensures alignment of business intelligence solutions with overall College objectives and strategies outlined in RBC-19 strategic plan.
3. Partners closely with IT leadership, functional users and administrators to ensure that IT is proactive and is delivering on commitments, acting as a catalyst for academic transformation.
4. Provide timely and accurate reporting to key stakeholders on metrics such as service levels, financial impact and overall satisfaction.
5. Develops and oversees change management process across all information resources in IT and Library.
6. Build, promote, and support tools that empower teams and functional users to access data independently.
7. Lead adoption of business intelligence tools across the College, including facilitating training on the tools and data. Identifies missing data and devises strategies to bridge the data gap while automating reports and dashboards.
8. Work across the College to ensure that the right data is collected and processed to enable smart, data driven decisions.
9. Develop new reporting and analytical frameworks to facilitate strategic decisions, identify opportunities for improvement and monitor performance and progress towards RBC-19
10. Assures compliance with all applicable state and federal reporting requirements.
1) Stay abreast of technology advances, industry best practices/benchmarks and market trends for pertinence to business intelligence and drive adoption where and when appropriate.
2) Develop, foster and facilitate high performing information teams/resources that are responsive, disciplined, and produces excellent results.
3) Approaches responsibilities with ability to think strategically, plan thoughtfully and execute efficiently and effectively.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelors/ Master's degree in Computer Science, business analytics or related discipline. Terminal degree is preferred.
- 5 + years of progressively responsible IT experience in developing and implementing complex enterprise systems.
- 5+ years of experience in managing Business Intelligence and reporting solutions
- 5+ years of experience developing and maintaining IT strategy and roadmaps
- Very strong experience with demonstrated success in developing and leading high performing teams in a matrixed environment.
- Experience with Microsoft and Oracle technologies including SharePoint, SQL Server Analysis Services, SQL Server Integration Services, SQL Server Reporting Services, Oracle, PL/ SQL, Java
- Strong experience in designing and implementing one of the following leading Business Intelligence packages: preferably Microsoft Business Intelligence stack, or Argos, Business Objects
- Strong consultative, influencing, facilitation, negotiation and strategic thinking ability
- Very strong project management experience and skills.
- Adept at relationship-building, maintaining effective partnerships, and influencing without formal authority.
- Strong communications skills are essential; must possess an ability to write succinctly and make effective presentations to large groups including senior executives.
It is the practice of Richard Bland College to conduct in-depth background checks on all candidates identified as a finalist for employment consideration at the College. The type of background checks performed are dependent upon the type of position for which you have been identified as a finalist and may include: reference checks, criminal history including sexual offender registry checks, degree validation, DMV (driving) Record checks, license verification, credit report reviews, etc. The results of background checks are made available to the College employing officials. You will be requested to sign a reference release form, so your past schools and/or employers may be contacted concerning your academic or employment history.
Virginia Jobs - 10 months ago