Golfsmith International is looking for an experienced individual to lead the Business Intelligence function. The ideal candidate will be responsible for defining and executing the company’s Business Intelligence strategy, which includes delivery of clear, reliable performance metrics, deriving actionable insight from complex business data and leveraging data to understand and improve business processes. The director will work closely with internal business partners to ensure that all Business Intelligence activities are closely aligned to the overall business strategy. They must develop a detailed understanding of the company’s business operations as well as a thorough knowledge of currently in use BI technologies. The incumbent will be responsible for recruiting, managing, mentoring, retaining and growing the BI team and infrastructure to ensure data accuracy and system reliability consistent with business expectations. This Director position also forms part of the overall Technology Leadership Team.
- Drive and support Golfsmith’s core values throughout the organization.
- Ultimate responsibility for functional and technical design of Business Intelligence solutions, including UI, data architecture and system performance.
- Quickly assess the business intelligence landscape for the company’s rapidly growing organization; define the approach, roadmap and manage the execution to ensure common BI analytics.
- Recommendation of business intelligence technology platforms and solutions where necessary.
- Interface with the business functions, including Merchandising, Finance, Direct to Consumer Distribution and Retail Operations to understand business challenges and collaboratively develop solutions that address the business needs.
- Develop and maintain the business intelligence portfolio and roadmap, seeking periodic input from a Steering Committee made up of key business owners and executives.
- Drive development and maintenance of business intelligence best practices, including maintenance of centralized business term definitions and related metadata.
- Responsible for mentorship, development, evaluations, conflict resolution and recognition of staff to maintain motivated and highly engaged employees.
- Establish priorities for business intelligence enhancements based on business impact / benefits and available resources.
- Is responsible for the business intelligence application landscape with respect to available functionality, performance of environment, timing and accuracy of system processes.
- Provides hands-on application, data architecture development and project leadership expertise.
- Ensures optimal workflow, process and documentation for all existing programs, production changes and future development efforts.
- Drives solutions to complex analytical problems, delegating as appropriate.
- Evaluate and select new technologies; keep current with industry trends and make strategic recommendations to senior leadership.
- Bachelor’s Degree in MIS, Economics, Accounting, Mathematics or another quantitative discipline required.
- Hands on experience modeling data to various degrees of de-normalization.
- Experience with an enterprise grade BI vendor: Cognos BI, Hyperion, MS BI, etc.
- Experience extracting data from a major ERP system, Oracle R12 a plus.
- Exposure to: SQL, Python, R, SAS, Cobol, Batch scripting.
- Experience with various database technologies: Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, etc.
- Highly accomplished business analyst skilled in performance management solutions for broad enterprise scale organizations.
- Demonstrated success at managing the delivery of major BI projects and programs across multiple business functions.
- Experience working with and leading highly skilled quantitative / statistical analysts.
- Excellent senior management experience with proven ability to work with C-level executives ot influence and support their business requirements and strategy.
- Very flexible, able to shift direction with the demands of the business and juggle competing priorities.
- Experience in providing support metrics to the business, identifying key reports, outstanding tickets, tickets resolved, projects in the queue and prioritization, cost, ROI and resources / timelines required to complete projects.
- Strong sense of ownership and dedication to accomplish goals and succeed.
- Excellent relationship building, communication and presentation skills with the ability to present and translate complex information to internal staff and management in relevant business terms.
- Superior communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills used to build consensus around proposed solutions across multiple functions.
- Solid understanding of retail business operations
- Personal Characteristics: Innovative, flexible, communicative, results-oriented, accountable, analytical, good judgment, and customer-focused.
- 7 + years related experience to DW / BI architecture design and maintenance.
- 5 + years in senior management / leadership role.
Golfsmith International Holdings, Inc. (Golfsmith Holdings) is the parent company of Golfsmith International, Inc. (Golfsmith). The Company...