Throughout its history, Mercy College has remained dedicated to its mission to make available the transformational power of a college education. Mercy's commitment to quality, student support, and innovation remains as strong today as ever.
Mercy College is an independent, nonsectarian New York metropolitan area institution offering over 90 undergraduate and graduate programs. The College has an enrollment of more than 10,000 students from diverse backgrounds, across four campuses-Dobbs Ferry, Bronx, Manhattan, and Yorktown-plus a vibrant online learning community.
Mercy College is inviting applicants to apply for the position of Director of Business Operations. Under the direction of the Vice President of Student Services, the Director of Business Operations will ensure the timely processing of business operations to support the Student Services Division in a professional, efficient and compliant manner. The Director will also serve a primary support member to the Systems Management Operations team and to the Student Services campus staff members, ensuring student centered service in meeting the needs of traditional, non-traditional, adult and minority student populations.
Education Required or Min Education Required:
Bachelor's degree required; Master's degree preferred.
Experience and/or Skills Required:
1. Bachelor's degree required; Master's degree preferred. Minimum of five years registrar/bursar/financial aid experience, with at least three years in a managerial capacity.
2. Driver's license and the ability to travel between campuses is required, along with national travel.
3. Must be proficient in Banner, the internet, Microsoft Office Suite, and multiple Department of Education software products.
4. Broad knowledge of financial aid specific and related regulations (federal and state) required.
5. Demonstrated leadership, interpersonal, written and oral communication, problem-solving, organizational, and presentation skills.
6. Demonstrated evidence of detail-orientation, customer service orientation, ability to work independently, ability to manage great levels of responsibility required.
7. Bi-lingual (Spanish) a plus.
8. Ability to work long hours, including weekends and evenings as required.
9. Prior experience with publications and data research desirable.
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Special Instructions to Applicants: Special Instructions to Applicants: Electronic applications are required and must include a cover letter, CV, and the names and contact information of at least three references. Please submit the above documentation online at https://jobs.mercy.edu
Mercy College actively engages in recruiting a diverse workforce and student body that includes members of historically underrepresented groups, and strives to build and sustain a welcoming and supportive campus community.
Mercy College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Mercy College - 22 months ago