The successful candidate will be required to deliver on-time, high-quality business application solutions to support the business needs of Zynga’s Accounting, FPA, HR & Legal organization. He/she will work collaboratively with the business partners to ensure that their staff are proactively engaged with business process transformation and redesign, and earning IT a status of a valued business partner. The successful candidate will have a demonstrated track record of providing thought leadership to both the IT and business organizations, along with a history of delivering innovative business solutions. He/she will be required to stress & ensure stakeholder involvement in the IT project delivery process, and monitor business sponsor commitment at every stage gate. He/she will provide leadership and management oversight of the entire software development lifecycle of major software projects that vary in scope and complexity. The position must work effectively with individuals at all levels of business including regional executives, IT management, and third-party IT service providers. A key success factor of the individual in this role will be to work collaboratively with numerous IT and business partner teams.
The successful candidate will have a solid understanding of Accounting, FPA, HR and Legal business processes and will have a proven track record of leading these functional business areas with business process re-engineering and large-scale IT deployment initiatives.
He/she will be required to provide leadership and focus around project execution by managing the SDLC using actionable performance metrics and Zynga IT established project management methodologies to meet budget, scope, and schedule goals.
The successful candidate should have managed and delivered company-wide application deployment or upgrade programs across various business applications and functions. His/her experience should cover planning, budgeting, recruiting functional resources, developing solution design, providing business support through testing, and production deployment of business applications.
- Partner with Zynga business stakeholders to develop & re-engineer business processes, develop IT roadmaps and define regional application architecture.
- Participate in program planning (business requirement, phasing strategy and planning, vendor evaluation, RFP, etc).
- Manage BSA, Development and DBA teams and engage with other global IT teams Security, and IT Operations) to deliver IT-based business application solutions.
- Coordinate and integrate application development from external IT and third-party managed services partners as necessary.
- Coordinate and prioritize the activities of resources to enable progress on multiple, concurrent high priority projects.
- Communicate effectively across all levels of the organization to ensure identification of and response to business technology requirements.
- Facilitate communication within the applications & business team to ensure strong teamwork and continuous awareness of priorities and individual accountability to projects.
- Manage the allocation and scheduling of team resources to the Production Support area as needed to support business processes.
- Human Resources Management to include directing (plan, direct and measure) the work assignments of the Business Systems staff. Ensures detailed task plans and resource requirements are documented for all work and insures all work is completed accurately and timely. Establish appropriate control mechanisms to insure all work is completed correctly and on a timely, yet cost effective basis. Develop career plans and provide appropriate career development opportunities for Business Systems staff. Serve as a role model, mentor, and coach for the Business Systems function and the entire IT Team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Information Systems, Business or related field
- Solid understanding of Finance, Legal and HR business processes
- Experience with BI and Forecasting tools as Cognos, Hyperion etc
- 8 to 15 years’ experience managing Business Systems in Oracle/ERP environment with demonstrated ability to teach/mentor and educate staff in Oracle/ERP and other IT systems capabilities and best practices.
- 10 to 15 years of experience in Systems Development, maintenance and planning with heavy experience utilizing Systems Development Methodologies.
- 8 to 15 years’ experience in managing complex business systems projects – analysis, design, development, testing, implementation and change management.
- At least 4 years of experience managing multiple, complex business systems projects, developing and managing projects with aggressive milestones.
- A minimum of 6 years in an IT management position with a proven track record of developing “in house” talent and creating development programs.
- Past experience working as a Director for a large ERP/Oracle organization highly preferred.
- Must be highly goal and results oriented and have strong problem-solving skills, sound judgment, and decision-making ability with extensive experience directing change with history of high impact projects.
- Must possess excellent critical thinking skills with the capability to envision creative solutions to complex and challenging business process/system issues.
- Experience developing strategic information systems plans.
- Excellent communications skills with the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management, users, staff and team members, both written and verbal.
Zynga - 23 months ago