General Statement of Duties:
Provides leadership and overall responsibility for the functions of assigned clinical patient care/procedural units - Cardiac Cath and Electrophysiology Labs - directs 24/7 operations with full accountability. This position reports directly to the VP of Nursing Service and Operations /Sr. Director/and/or CNO. Candidate will ensure proper inventory supplies, scheduling of personnel, improving the quality and maintaining high standards of customer service, staff development, and be an effective physician liaison.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Responsible for the development of all Cath/EP personnel. Creates and implements necessary training programs for all staff and assistant managers in order to increase the operations of the department. Maintains records of training performed by all staff (competency grids) and ensures compliance with all hospital educational requirements. Candidate has the ability to teach, guide, and direct personnel.
2. Manages personnel to include interviewing, work allocation, orientation and training, staff development, problem resolution, evaluating performance, making recommendations for personnel actions, and motivating employees to achieve peak performance. Has the authority to hire, discipline, assign, evaluate and terminate staff. Is responsible for their employee's output and conduct. Provides guidance and direction to first line supervisors/charge personnel.
3. Responsible for meeting yearly budgets. Candidate will assist Director in evaluating and projecting payroll, equipment, and supply costs for all areas supervised.
4. Candidate will interact with patients, physicians, physician's offices, and other system or facility departments over the phone or in person in an effective and professional manner. Responsible for organizing, directing, teaching and evaluating total nursing care within area of responsibility, including ensuring adequate staffing.
5. Assists the VP and Director to research and evaluate all equipment purchases to ensure alignment with departmental budget and continuous delivery and improvement of services.
6. Candidate will recommend budget and staffing plans for administrative approval and manages the ongoing implementation of approved plans. Proactively determines staffing and hiring needs and plans accordingly. In addition, maintains payroll and ensures timely reporting.
Methodist Healthcare System
Job Description Job Title: Director, Cath Lab FLSA: Exempt2
Additional Job Functions:
1. Has access to contrast and other non-controlled medications as appropriate to diagnostic and therapeutic procedures.
2. Acts as the SME (subject matter expert) in departmental issues/improvements. With the assistance of the VP and Director, analyzes issues and determines corrective action to clinical issues. Acts as a resource for staff.
3. Ensures compliance with any necessary federal, state, system or facility specific regulations or requirements. In addition, assists the VP and Director with the development and implementation of any new policies and procedures.
4. Ability to identify problems quickly and plan for their solution. Counsels personnel as necessary and submits signed conference reports. Maintains all proper on-going documentation for each employee's personnel file.
5. Assists the VP and/or the Director of Cardiology/Neurodiagnostics with special projects and other duties as assigned.
6. Maintaining all patient reports. This includes but is not limited to the following: pulling all previous reports/images, presenting reports/images to the correct reading physician, and entering proper patient charges into Meditech.
7. Demonstrates responsibility in handling confidential information.
8. Candidate will take "Call" as needed.
9. Supports the mission and vision of the Methodist Healthcare System and demonstrates excellent customer service at all times.
10. Understands and is committed to helping the Methodist Healthcare System and its associated facilities achieve its goals.
11. Must learn and comply with System and facility safety policies and rules; must use appropriate safety equipment and procedures at all times; must immediately report all unsafe conditions to supervisors; must be familiar with all safety features of equipment, tools or materials encompassed by job duties; and must check with supervisors (prior to job performance) if there is a question as to the safe procedure to be used for any job function.
12. Adheres to the MHS Code of Conduct and demonstrates ethical behavior as expected by our patients, colleagues and the community. Understands the personal obligation to report any activity that appears to violate applicable laws, rules regulations or the Code of Conduct itself.
13. Ensures cleanliness of all areas supervised to include equipment and facilities; ensures equipment is in working order and meets safety guidelines/standards.
14. Completes other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience:
1. Preferred candidate would possess a Bachelors Degree in a healthcare related field.
2. Five years previous healthcare experience is required, preferably in a cardiovascular or nursing role. At least 2 years supervisory or management experience is required.
Completes and maintains current competencies and training as defined by department/unit and/or clinical specialty area.
Minimum License and Certificates Required:
1. Current RCIS Certificate and/or valid Texas license (registered nurse) or 5 years Cath Lab Director experience and RCIS. If does not have RCIS must obtain within 6 months from hire date.
2. CPR Certificate.
NurseJobsNationwide.com - 18 months ago
Executive Search Associates, Inc. is a leading consultancy and executive recruiting firm focused solely on addressing the needs of the...