Generation of budgeted top line catering revenue for the hotel through revenue maximization and profit.
1. Lead, train and mentor catering staff including hiring, coaching development, performing evaluations, disciplinary actions and terminations.
2. Develop marketing plans and evaluate trends to modify strategies that will enhance revenues effectively. Assist in the production of annual hotel business plan.
3. Drive all catering revenues. Ensure the quarterly and annual revenue goals are achieved for the hotel.
4. Maintain a close working relationship with the Director of Food and Beverage, Chef and Banquet Manager.
5. Direct the catering sales effort to ensure revenue maximization with a working knowledge of food and beverage compositions and an understanding of kitchen and banquet service procedures.
6. Ensure that hotel credit procedures and audit guidelines are followed.
7. Maintain good rapport with local civic groups and companies.
8. Ensure quality standards are met in areas of customer service and satisfaction.
9. Use leadership skills in Banquet Event Order Meetings, Pre- and Post-Conference Meetings, Sales Meetings, etc.
10. Other duties as assigned.
1. Have computer skills to include word processing, spreadsheet, and familiarity with brand specific property Management System(s).
2. Exercise excellent communication, presentation, organization, time management and listening skills.
3. Use analytical skills for measuring business potential and value to the hotel.
4. Interact with all levels of customers and hotel management.
- Bachelors Degree in Business Administration, Marketing, or a related field
- Minimum 3 years banquet or meeting planner experience, or the equivalent industry experience; OR, an equivalent combination of education and experience.
In compliance with Federal and State equal employment opportunity laws, John Q Hammons Hotels is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.